• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
will there be a sequel?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Will there be a sequel for the anime of Berserk?
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Probably not. There is a high demand for a sequel, but like Hellsing it is highly unlikely one will be made.
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
how far does the manga continue the story? (without spoilers please) is it like twice as long?

Also, How many manga volumes are available in English?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Tetsaiga wrote:
how far does the manga continue the story? (without spoilers please) is it like twice as long?

Also, How many manga volumes are available in English?

manga#2298

Although it says there are 4, I think Vol. 5 is out now. But not being a big manga reader, I could be wrong Razz.
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Volume 5 of the manga is out. The manga is a bit different than the series. The manga and television series stop correlating after the Valentine brothers (In Volume 2). The sixth volume (supposedly last) does not seem like it will have a pleasant end, but I am not sure if it is complete in Japan yet.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:57 pm Reply with quote
AncientDragonValgaav wrote:
Volume 5 of the manga is out. The manga is a bit different than the series. The manga and television series stop correlating after the Valentine brothers (In Volume 2). The sixth volume (supposedly last) does not seem like it will have a pleasant end, but I am not sure if it is complete in Japan yet.

He's talking about Berserk, not Hellsing (Hellsing was used as an example). Berserk is currently at 27 or 28 volumes in Japan, and there's a good load more story than in the manga. The ANime covers some of the events from volumes 1, 4-11, with altered events and some removed characters spoiler[The Skull Knight, Puck, etc]. Miura actually supervised how the series went, so it'd have less of a magical feeling about it... atleast, for a while.

There are two Berserk games, both set after the Anime, but do not nessecerally continue from the ending of the Anime and neither finish the story. There's a Dreamcast game, released as "Sword of Berserk: Gatts Revenge", and a PS2 game, "Berserk: Millenium Falcon". The PS2 game isn't out in the states yet.

The Manga is currently on hiatus for a year or two, according to Media Blasters. Possibly this is for new animation to be produced, or other manga from Miura will be made, or he simply wants to go on a break. He's stated, though, that it's only really begining, and after 15 or so years of publishing, there's going to be a lot in store for us Berserk fans.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:26 am Reply with quote
Tetsaiga wrote:
Will there be a sequel for the anime of [insert title here]?

No. Or at least don't count on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1