• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Thundercats' Comic-Con International Footage Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I liked the clip. I wasn't gonna watch it, but now CN has hooked a viewer.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Well I (and several thousand others) won't be able to see this because of Otakon. I'm not a fan of the schlock that Comic Con is mainly about, so my vote would have been for it to have been shown this past friday instead of Otakon Friday, which is sacrosanct, and already spoken for. Laughing
ninja noir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
haha. when he said "I'm gonna ring that bell" and was met with a reply of "and i'm gonna ring yours", did anyone else think that that sounded kinda smutty? haha. I lol'd.
Amibite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was pretty bad. I can't unhear the main guy being voiced by Ron Stoppable, and the cat puns were.. stupid. I know it's an American kid's show, but still... why do they have to use puns so much Confused
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
What's weird is it looks like it will not get a repeat timeslot at all, so if you miss it this Friday, that's it. Cartoon Network does not have their schedule updated for NEXT Friday, August 5th, so I guess it is possible that it could get a rerun at 7:30 p.m. right before the new episode premieres at 8:30.

But my On-Screen guide won't go that far until like Monday night.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:
Wow, that was pretty bad. I can't unhear the main guy being voiced by Ron Stoppable, and the cat puns were.. stupid. I know it's an American kid's show, but still... why do they have to use puns so much Confused

Will Freidle also voiced Jaster Rogue in Rogue Galaxy, and Terry Mcginnis in Batman Beyond (the role most people animation fans would know him by), I am not going to trash an actor for one role, especially when his been excellent in all his other roles.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have an idea when this will air or on what channel in Canada?
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I'm not a fan of the schlock that Comic Con is mainly about, so my vote would have been for it to have been shown this past friday instead of Otakon Friday, which is sacrosanct, and already spoken for.

Sooooooooo, you're not a fan of nerdom in generaaalll?
M-ols

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I liked the old show. It seems they completely changed the story this time... I don't think I will like it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
ninja noir wrote:
haha. when he said "I'm gonna ring that bell" and was met with a reply of "and i'm gonna ring yours", did anyone else think that that sounded kinda smutty? haha. I lol'd.

That's a common expression here for beating someone out or knocking them out, you know, like those bells in the old boxing matches they ring when a KO happens.

Echo_City wrote:
Well I (and several thousand others) won't be able to see this because of Otakon. I'm not a fan of the schlock that Comic Con is mainly about, so my vote would have been for it to have been shown this past friday instead of Otakon Friday, which is sacrosanct, and already spoken for. Laughing

This show is an American cartoon, so airing it Comic-Con friday wouldn't make sense since that's most likely it's audience (Geeks who like American comics/cartoons/movies). It's the same reason the Marvel anime will air this Saturday rather than Otacon Saturday. Different audiences.

And I swear this preview is the same as the last two they aired.. how many times can they air the same preview? Razz
Keyl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
What's weird is it looks like it will not get a repeat timeslot at all, so if you miss it this Friday, that's it. Cartoon Network does not have their schedule updated for NEXT Friday, August 5th, so I guess it is possible that it could get a rerun at 7:30 p.m. right before the new episode premieres at 8:30.

But my On-Screen guide won't go that far until like Monday night.

They're doing the same thing they did with Young Justice. First they show the 2 first episodes then wait a few months then start actually airing in a regular timeslot with the first 2 then continue with the rest of the episodes.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
They're actually showing characters getting hit without any stupid cutarounds or flashes? Shocked

That's awesome!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I'm a fan of the guy doing Tygra. He sounds really stiff and awkward. Crispin probably would've kicked ass at that role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This show is an American cartoon, so airing it Comic-Con friday wouldn't make sense since that's most likely it's audience (Geeks who like American comics/cartoons/movies). It's the same reason the Marvel anime will air this Saturday rather than Otacon Saturday. Different audiences.
So you're asserting that Marvel & its cohorts don't believe in crossover fandom? Wink I'm no fan of mainstream American comics, which is what comic-con is about. (Though they may dispute that, as Otakon insists that it is about more than anime these days.)

Though I can easily see why the anime adaptations of American comics will air when a fair number of comic fans won't be able to watch them: the adaptations suck. I'm of the opinion that they were never meant for American audiences. The X-men were my childhood, and that drivel they call "Wolverine" flies in the face of it. The awful live-action movie X-men:First Class was superior to the Wolverine anime. Shoot, even that horrible X-Men Origins was better. Maybe a dub can save it. I admit that I'm biased against the Japanese voice actors as I've heard the actors too many times in too many other shows, and the actor for Wolverine brings all his hammy melodrama over from his previous show Rainbow : Sad

That's definitely the same Thundercats preview we've seen before. I'm sure that the new Thundercats show will suck, but I'll see it just the same.
Quote:
You aren't alone. The expression may have been co-opted by boxing, but it meant this first. Plus I've got the lame disco song of the same title stuck in my head now (sarcastic thanks for that), and "Ring my Bell" was not about a boxing knockout.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
So you're asserting that Marvel & its cohorts don't believe in crossover fandom?

Well, no. Comic companies have pretty much stated they target the 18 - 34 American male comic book reading demographic; and do so for their movies as well. The only ones they don't are their TV cartoons which target 2 - 12 boys.

Quote:
Though I can easily see why the anime adaptations of American comics will air when a fair number of comic fans won't be able to watch them: the adaptations suck. I'm of the opinion that they were never meant for American audiences.

They weren't. They were made specifically to get Japanese otaku interested in American comics and properties; similar to how Powerpuff Girls Z and Stitch! weren't really made for anyone but Japan (though the Philippines did get English dubs IIRC, but they both were awful dubs which CN and Disney 4Kids'd to try to make it match with the American cartoon counterparts). Given how horrible the Marvel anime did in Japan (Iron Man was the worst rated anime of the season it aired IIRC, and Blade is suffering the same fate this season. I'm sure Wolverine and X-Men were down there too but I'm too lazy to check) they didn't really succeed all too well, so maybe they'll see if America will like them more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2