• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Series: 2011 (First Half)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iloveoov

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
dariushcc wrote:
Thanks guys for your information. I want to share my info as well I am from IRAN and here Naruto is the most popular anime about 4 times more popular than OP . It's interesting that here bleach is slighty more popular than op.

Yes.. and how much Naruto and bleach were sold there? take the numbers, sum it up and please compare it to the number of just volume 62 of One Piece.. please
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
You won't be getting numbers. Stating numbers would mean facts and put the popularity if manga outside of Japan into a quantifiable perspective.
iloveoov

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
You won't be getting numbers. Stating numbers would mean facts and put the popularity if manga outside of Japan into a quantifiable perspective.

i know that. i just said that as a sarcasm.. Twisted Evil
i said that because that post that i quote make me feel like the poster said that, "there are more Japanese in America than in Japan". Wink

spoiler[i'm not sure but i heard a rumors that in France in year 2009, 8 volume of Naruto was sold 200000 each. that is around 1.5 million copies that years. compare that to 6,836,494 for +4 volumes of Naruto in that same years in Japan, and 14,721,241 copies for +4 volumes of One Piece. but like i said, its just a rumors on the internet but it would be nice if somebody can verify it.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote
One Piece to Japan and the world is like American football to America and the world. Laughing
Hospodar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
[quote="iloveoov"]
ArsenicSteel wrote:

spoiler[i'm not sure but i heard a rumors that in France in year 2009, 8 volume of Naruto was sold 200000 each. that is around 1.5 million copies that years. compare that to 6,836,494 for +4 volumes of Naruto in that same years in Japan, and 14,721,241 copies for +4 volumes of One Piece. but like i said, its just a rumors on the internet but it would be nice if somebody can verify it.]

I don't have any numbers for 2008 but I have numbers for 2009

Here is a google translation of a france site;
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.actualitte.com%2Factualite%2F15982-manga-bilan-annuel-naruto-acbd.htm
In france a Volume of Naruto sells around 250 000 copies. One Piece which is the second best seller sells 80 000 copies per volume.

France is the second biggest manga market in the world.
dariushcc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
iloveoov wrote:
dariushcc wrote:
Thanks guys for your information. I want to share my info as well I am from IRAN and here Naruto is the most popular anime about 4 times more popular than OP . It's interesting that here bleach is slighty more popular than op.

Yes.. and how much Naruto and bleach were sold there? take the numbers, sum it up and please compare it to the number of just volume 62 of One Piece.. please

Come on.... I didn't say It sells more than one piece! but Naruto is what keeps anime in none japanese minds! that's All!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
iloveoov

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
dariushcc wrote:
iloveoov wrote:
dariushcc wrote:

Come on.... I didn't say It sells more than one piece! but Naruto is what keeps anime in none japanese minds! that's All!

i know that.. it just a continuation from my previous post about manga market in Japan are much bigger than the rest of the world and it almost seem like the market outside of japan is irrelevant. so no matter how famous Naruto, Bleach, Deathnote in France, America, Afrika, antartica, and etc, it is still small when we compare it to Japan. but still i'm don't have any prove to backed up my claim. Embarassed

Hospodar wrote:
iloveoov wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.actualitte.com%2Factualite%2F15982-manga-bilan-annuel-naruto-acbd.htm
In france a Volume of Naruto sells around 250 000 copies. One Piece which is the second best seller sells 80 000 copies per volume.

ah.. thank you.. that's the article.

Last edited by iloveoov on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taker128

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
[quote="Hospodar"]
iloveoov wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

The article didn't mention average, there is a huge difference between 250,000 per volume and 250,000 as a series.

And in Taiwan, Tong-li comic released press last year that OP is selling at record breaking speed and has exceeded 10 million volumes for the series.

The fact is in the countries surrounding Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, OP is bigger than Naruto and They are much bigger market in you counting ACG as a whole and not just manga. And the number from there can off set other region even if it's france.

and it more or less ballance each other out.
iloveoov

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Taker128"]
Hospodar wrote:
iloveoov wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

The article didn't mention average, there is a huge difference between 250,000 per volume and 250,000 as a series.

And in Taiwan, Tong-li comic released press last year that OP is selling at record breaking speed and has exceeded 10 million volumes for the series.

The fact is in the countries surrounding Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, OP is bigger than Naruto and They are much bigger market in you counting ACG as a whole and not just manga. And the number from there can off set other region even if it's france.

and it more or less ballance each other out.

wow, never know One Piece is that big in east Asia and south east asia. always heard people said that but don't really trust it. here in my country Malaysia, Naruto is bigger than any manga other except for manga from Dragonball era. but don't really know about Singapore though. what about Hong Kong, is One Piece popular there? i think One Piece is sold by Ma Wing Shing company(forgot the company name) there..
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quote
just watched pirates of the caribbean film... it is exactly the same feeling of adventure and excitement that you get from one piece... and, indeed, both projects are top grossing for being this versatile and easy to follow...
syrianmj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
iloveoov
I like the fact that you are strong fan of op
cause all the op fans that I know r kids and lame
1- bandai said that naruto game in 2010 sells 1.1 million and it is no.1 game beside tekkean
2-in france spain italy usa dubai in numbers of sales
naruto is no.1

I dont hate op but I dont like the fact that echiro oda doesnot respect
the adult fans like I remember in the episode 150 in op the plot was
that loufy ship flown in sky and there was a villian who kicked God ass
and took his place and the real god was riding a donkey ??????????
or when loufy danced with wolfs and drinks with them or even the main characters (chopper,the gay dude,the dead already ) ?????

and finally there is alot of aggresivity from op fans against naruto
which is not respecting the other fans
(sorry 4 the mistakes in english)
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
If you feel insulted it is entirely your own fault. There were no Gods in Skypeia. "God" was just a figurative title for the ruler. Pierre is not a donkey. Gay characters, dead characters, and Chopper do not insult adults just by their inclusion in the cast.
iloveoov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
syrianmj wrote:
iloveoov
I like the fact that you are strong fan of op
cause all the op fans that I know r kids and lame
1- bandai said that naruto game in 2010 sells 1.1 million and it is no.1 game beside tekkean
2-in france spain italy usa dubai in numbers of sales
naruto is no.1

I don't hate op but I don't like the fact that echiro oda doesnot respect
the adult fans like I remember in the episode 150 in op the plot was
that loufy ship flown in sky and there was a villian who kicked God ass
and took his place and the real god was riding a donkey ??????????
or when loufy danced with wolfs and drinks with them or even the main characters (chopper,the gay dude,the dead already ) ?????

and finally there is alot of aggresivity from op fans against naruto
which is not respecting the other fans
(sorry 4 the mistakes in english)

i'm sorry if you feel that way, but whether i'm a One Piece fans or not is not important and irrelevant to this "discussion"..
and actually Naruto is my 2nd favorite manga after Dragonball. i'm just involved myself in this "discussion" because i really hate some fellow Naruto fans who cannot except the truth about in this world there are some manga that are selling better than Naruto, and its popularity is not because of rabid fangirls and stupid teenagers.

and about One Piece, i don't really understand how the hell you can come out with that kind of conclusions when you were reading/ watching it.

1. how the hell "ship flown in sky" = "not respecting adult"?!!
2. how the hell "villian who kicked God ass and took his place" = "not respecting adult"?!!
3. how the hell "real god was riding a donkey" = "not respecting adult"?!!
4. how the hell "danced with wolfs and drinks with them" = "not respecting adult"?!!
5. how the hell "the main characters (chopper,the gay dude,the dead already )?" = "not respecting adult"?!! and WTF are trying to say actually???????
6. HOW THE HELL """the plot was that loufy ship flown in sky and there was a villian who kicked God ass and took his place and the real god was riding a donkey ?????????? or when loufy danced with wolfs and drinks with them or even the main characters (chopper,the gay dude,the dead already ) ????? """ = "not respecting adult"?!!

and the "gay dude"? who is that? can't remember any gay in skypeia arc..
and the skypeian civilization they call their KING, "god". but they don't worshiped him like a god, there is no religious theme at all in skypeia arc.

and i'm sorry for discussing this in this thread.. i know this is not the proper thread.
Karib6262

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
I don't know why people say OP is not Dark.OP is a slaughter house compared to other manga.
1-In the first episode Lucky killed a bandit & the leader got eaten by a sea king.
2-Arlong killed Nami's mom & wiped out the people of an entire village just cause they didn't give money.
3-In Whiskey Peak Zoro killed 100 bounty Hunters.
4-Dr.Hiluluk got killed in winter island.
5-In Arabasta war many people died.
6-Robins hometown got burned & her people got killed.
7-In Marineford Arc.Again many people died there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6