• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm three days late, but this is the best news I have heard all week. One word: YES!! Mr. Green Anime hyper
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
I would rather they update Kenshin's look to be more accurate to how Watsuki drew it like they did with Brotherhood. By volume 3 Kenshin looked more masculine than that.

I agree.

I'm a little excited by this, I've never seen all of Kenshin, I didn't have cable when it was airing on CN back in the day, but i did read a bunch of the manga when i was 14.
animeandshakespeare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quote
I have kind of mixed emotions. Kenshin is such a long series if you do it right . . .

I'm not sure I want to buy all those DVDs again.

Then again, Hellsing Ultimate proved it could be done in less time and done well.

Also, it would be nice for some of the younger fans to see a "good guy" who is also a good guy without being a wuss. Kind of tired of all the anti-hero "I'm slightly less awful than the bad guy" types. Really it sounds kind of refreshing to get Kenshin back.
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
SecretAgent94 wrote:
UPDATE: Possible preview of what Kenshin will look like in the new series here.

(It's google-translated from the Japanese website so the grammer does not quite make sense.

The caption for the picture translated via Google Translate:

Quote:
"Rurouni Kenshin animated TV 15th Anniversary Project" Kibijuaru (C) Japanese Hiroshi Shin Mon / Shueisha Fuji TV Aniplex

So this confirms that we are indeed looking at a TV series. Cool stuff, cool stuff.

I checked the Google Translate you posted as well as the original source and I don't see any indication that this is going to be a television series. Regarding the copyright caption, all of the parties mentioned - Watsuki Nobuhiro, Shuueisha, Fuji TV and Aniplex were all involved in the original TV series. In the original article, the project would better be translated as "Rurouni Kenshin TV Anime Version Fifteenth Anniversary Project". There is no additional information provided on the Comic Natalie.mu site than what was published by ANN a couple of days ago.

As a long time RurouKen fan, I'm cautiously excited. I'm looking forward to the new project and I'll watch it when it's released but with nothing further than it being a "work in progress", I find it too hard to get too excited about it, hence lurking in this thread until now.
ScarredSwordHeart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
It's going to be awesome because they can make it 100% faithful to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
Ok! Now is the time, Ruroken fans! I register properly for this! The 15 anniversary web, has been remodelled, and they make a twitter.

http://www.kenshin-tv.com/index.html

Enter in the twitter, and demmand the Jinchuu Arc in anime!

http://twitter.com/#!/ruroken_anime/

If we much fans, perphaps they think about it, think about us, the Ruroken fans of another parts.

Wink
SecretAgent94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
@ Moli_Malone; no need to demand anything. You can be sure that the Jinchu Arc will be animated in it's full glory. That's pretty much a given. Wink
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope you are right, friend, but still they dont confirm, i cant believe it...
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I still want them to redo the first part too, just because I would like to see new animation for it if nothing else.

But I'll take what I can get.
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 am Reply with quote
When comes out the new Square Jump whit new info?
mystictapion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
That was not a coincidence, i'm sure. Since last year, when Flow band announced that it would remake 1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou of Siam Shade, I had been with a flash of hope until this announce!! Do you want to bet this music will be one of openings?
Xmet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
I for one, is happy. But I sincerely, sincerely, SINCERELY hope that they will do something and utterly crush and debunk the Reflection OAV and give Kenshin a happy ending, as the mangaka wanted it to.

I enjoyed Trust & Betrayal. I think it rings true to how Kenshin was in the past.

That, and I will be a happy man.
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
In the psp game, Otowa and Hyoko rocks!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
Moli_Malone wrote:
I hope you are right, friend, but still they don't confirm, i can't believe it...

It wouldn't make sense for them to not do it. When they did FMA Brotherhood they completely followed the manga to the very end. I am 100% certain the new Kenshin Anime will follow the manga and contain the Jinchuu Arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
I hope you are right. The Square Jump of Juny... for when new info?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13