• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release day pick-ups

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Since I was suspended from school today for the most rediculas reason I have ever heard my parents decided that it was about time that I start writing my college acceptance essays. I went to my grandparents house to have a little help in writing because they were both teachers. My grandpa was the only one home and he decided that the best idea was to go to borders and get a book on writing college acceptance essays. Just when we got there I remembered that volume 3 of XXXholic was coming out today. This is the first time I've ever picked up a manga on the release date even though the story is kind of unnecessary but it's always fun to relive the experience. Which manga have any of you picked up on it's first day in the stores and if there's a story behind why not tell it.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:31 pm Reply with quote
If I like a series enough, I make a habit to go to the comicbook store and get it when it is first released. This is especially true for some Darkhorse titles that take half a year or more between volumes. I'm too lazy to get Super Manga Blast!, and I'm only collecting the comics for Blade of the Immortal...which now is actually the only manga comic on the market8O that snuck up on me now that OMG is going to be trade paperback only.
Theres a Borders in the next city over from me that often puts mangas on the shelves before the release dates.
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Sounding like a list thread to me...but no, I haven't picked up a manga on its release date. I'll be getting gunslinger Girl Vol. 2 on its release date, though.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Ha, ha. My very first manga ever, and I got it today with volume 1 of the DVD as well (release date for both of them, actually :p). My first manga, I'm so excited.

Oh, it's Peace Maker Kurogane by the way. Anime hyper
JustinSane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Ha, ha. My very first manga ever, and I got it today with volume 1 of the DVD as well (release date for both of them, actually :p). My first manga, I'm so excited.

Oh, it's Peace Maker Kurogane by the way. Anime hyper

First ever huh... You should really look into the Kenshin manga since I know you're a really big fan of the series. They're being released monthly now so the wait between volumes is partically nothing.
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I would never be able to pick it up on the release date. But I live in Los Angeles, and Tokyopop is based here. So my local personal bookstore goes there early to pick up new titles, but they put it out BEFORE the release day, so I have gotten them before then several times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1