• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 RPG Gets TV Anime by AIC ASTA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Karisu wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
The closest bit of hope is that I'm pretty sure Bang Zoom did the games dub and if Aniplex licenses it for releases(or just bring it over however it works with them) then chances are if they dub it Bang Zoom will be the ones to do it and they will bring back the original cast or at least one could hope. It's all unlikely though,

Bang Zoom has never worked on a Persona title. PCB Productions has been responsible for recording the Persona 3 and 4 dubs.

Ok then fair enough. That all said. Bang Zoom has access to a large portion of the cast that was in Persona 4 so if they could not get the original studio to do it then it would make sense for Bang Zoom to do it as they could get alot of the actors back(Like Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Johny yong Bosch and so on and so forth)

As I said I don't really have much hope for it getting a release with a dub but if they do dub it and can't get the original studio Bang Zoom would be the next best bet.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means an updated Persona 4 for the PSP and/or 3DS.
ultimafullmetal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Sepherest wrote:
But why did they change the MC's name from Souji Seta to Yu Narukami? The fans have been using the first one for the past three years.

This actually bothers me. Not the name change, but the attitude (which I've already seen elsewhere, as well) that Souji is somehow "official", just because fandom has adopted it from the manga. Yes, it's from a licensed product. That doesn't make it official. It's no more official than Tir, Riou, Lazlo, and Freyjadour (Suikoden I, II, IV, and V, respectively). His "official" name is whatever you decide to name him. The animation staff decided to name him Yu. There's no "change" involved.

AntztheGreat wrote:
Worth mentioning that today, April 11th, 2011, is the in-game date that Persona 4 started on.

Well, it was technically the 12th in Japan when the announcement was made, but whatever.

Actually, check the article again. "Last minutes" of the 11th. It had actually been bothering me, because the countdown was a minute off from my computer, until I realized it. It was the 11th. 11:59pm on the 11th.

I agree about the name thing, although I do think Freyjadour is a bad-ass name. Very Happy

Looking forward to this, as P4 is one of my favorite games.

Last edited by ultimafullmetal on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
burntlettuce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how I feel. Persona 4 is one of my favorite games, I just hope it's at least some where as near as good as the game. And yes, as many people have stated, keep the same voice actors please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
The Mayonaka website is counting down again. http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/
Drake DarkHunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
It's going to take a while to get over the name change (Yu Narukami.... ugh...) I hope this will be good.

But seriously? Is there any way we can convince them to just use the manga name. I know I don't have a leg to stand on here (it's a totally superfical detail) but I really got attached to that name over the years and well.... I kind of associate his face with that name...

Maybe we could petition it or something? (I know, it's stupid... like they'd even listen anyway.)

But if only they knew how much the fandom (the non-japanese one at least...) uses the name, it would be an easy change to make, as long as they aren't too far into the development process....

....crap... they probably are...
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm at episode 16, I believe, of Persona: Trinity Soul and I've been enjoying it a lot. I had heard a lot of bad things about it, so maybe I'm benefitting from lowered expectations, but it's working for me. I am completely unfamiliar with the game it is (apparently, loosely) based on, so I didn't have any of that baggage interfering with my viewing, either.

Anyhoo, considering I am liking Persona: Trinity Soul, I'm happy to hear about Persona 4 getting an anime as well.

I enjoyed Trinity Soul, at least until the end. And really, my problem with the end is less what happened, but more that it was very rushed. I think another 4 episodes would have made it a lot better.

Personally, I think the people who are so vocally against it dislike it more because it wasn't more directly related to Persona 3.

/goes back to staring in shock that she's actually agreeing with Blood- on something
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I'm at episode 16, I believe, of Persona: Trinity Soul and I've been enjoying it a lot. I had heard a lot of bad things about it, so maybe I'm benefitting from lowered expectations, but it's working for me. I am completely unfamiliar with the game it is (apparently, loosely) based on, so I didn't have any of that baggage interfering with my viewing, either.

Anyhoo, considering I am liking Persona: Trinity Soul, I'm happy to hear about Persona 4 getting an anime as well.

I enjoyed Trinity Soul, at least until the end. And really, my problem with the end is less what happened, but more that it was very rushed. I think another 4 episodes would have made it a lot better.

Personally, I think the people who are so vocally against it dislike it more because it wasn't more directly related to Persona 3.

/goes back to staring in shock that she's actually agreeing with Blood- on something

I am with you guys. Not a gamer. Enjoyed Trinity Soul. I think the secret to enjoying that show is not having played the game it's based on.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Ah, Dessa, Dessa, Dessa ... there goes any chance you may have had of ascending to Heaven. Wink
aereus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Someone mentioned they would have to recast JYB -- is there a reason for that? Has he stated that he's backing away from taking on new voicework roles or something?
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote
The person who mentioned recasting Bosch was talking about the fact that he would end up voicing two characters if they used the game cast. Adachi and the main character were both voiced by him. If the main character speaks in the anime (which I imagine he would have to) then they'd have to recast one of the characters or they'd sound too much alike.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well this anime better have more than 25 episodes or I'll get mad!
And I think they will focus on the main events, since they will not have to grind to level up.

Will they at least cameo the social links?
Beryl7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
This pleases me...kind of. I'm surprisingly ambivalent. But I guess I'll have to worry about the storyline later... I really loved the game, and I just ADORE Kanji. ...and as I much as I'm anticipating Persona 5, the longer I can put off shelling out the money for a PS3, the better...
The Risky Penguin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm so hyped, I can't wait till it comes out. i just wonder if it's going to be simulcasted?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it doesn't suck like Trinity Soul. They should've just made an anime on Persona 3 rather than based off of crap. Anyways, very excited about this one, and as everyone has been saying, IF it gets licensed, please please please keep the same voice actors. Yuri Lowenthal was great as Yosuke, Dave Wittenberg was an amazing Teddy, Troy Baker did a really good job of Kanji (and he loves the character), Laura Bailey is great as always, and JYB did a good job of innocent to guilty. I don't really care if they keep Bosch or not for the main character though.

If this doesn't suck, we should get a petition going to get it licensed with the same voice actors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4