• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Simulcasts Lotte no Omocha!/Astarotte's Toy

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
@ Zin5ki - I appreciate your willingness to attempt a less convoluted writing style. However, I respectfully note that there should be no conflict between clarity and conciseness. Quite the opposite. Wink

In any case, there is nothing in your points that I particularly disagree with. So let me leave you with a hypothetical question: would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in sexualized lolicon (as distinct from the innocent, cute lolicon) had unsupervised access to children? I wouldn't. I understand that such an individual, despite the sexualized lolicon interest, may be just as trustworthy as an individual who didn't share that interest, but where children are involved I prefer to err on the side of caution.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in sexualized lolicon (as distinct from the innocent, cute lolicon) had unsupervised access to children?

Let me share a little life experience on the subject. In real life lolicon predators come in two modalities. The one that keeps it to himself (so you have no way of knowing beforehand he might do something to your kids and might mistake him for a nurturing personality that does not mind having to hassle with the little devils) or the one that speaks so openly about it that you either believe he is joking or he makes you believe it is the kids inciting sexual behavior out of him. I do not have kids but I know about one such lolicon predator that still wanders local comics conventions.

In the end prejudice and laziness are the real enemy, it is wrong to ostracize people just because you do not fully understand his likes and dislikes and neither you should think some people are safe because you see nothing wrong with them.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So let me leave you with a hypothetical question: would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in sexualized lolicon (as distinct from the innocent, cute lolicon) had unsupervised access to children?

Would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in Grand Theft Auto had unsupervised access to his local gun store?

Anyways, the majority of those who commit sex crimes against minors aren't pedophiles, but rather, just horrid people who take advantage of the powerlessness of minors.

Last edited by einhorn303 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Blood- wrote:
So let me leave you with a hypothetical question: would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in sexualized lolicon (as distinct from the innocent, cute lolicon) had unsupervised access to children?

Would you feel comfortable knowing that an individual who was interested in Grand Theft Auto had unsupervised access to his local gun store?

What is the point of posing one question to answer another? If you'd like to have a discussion about the potential negative influence of violent video games on people, by all means start a thread up. We are discussing sexualized lolicon here - but I guess I understand your desire to divert attention from that.

But to respond to your tangent: I don't believe playing a violent video game is as suggestive about a person's capacity for violence as somebody's capacity for pedophilia if they enjoy sexualized lolicon. Hundreds of million of people all around the world of all ages and backgrounds play violent video games. The market for sexualized lolicon is significantly smaller and enjoyed by a much more homogeneous group of people.

Last edited by Blood- on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

What is the point of posing one question to answer another? If you'd like to have a discussion about the potential negative influence of violent video games on people, by all means start a thread up. We are discussing sexualized lolicon here - but I guess I understand your desire to divert attention from that.

It's the same logic. "If a person has fantasies about taboo act [X], one should assume they'll commit taboo act [X]." If the logic is faulty when the taboo act is massacring innocents with firearms, the same logic should be fault when the taboo act is having sex with children.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303, see my edited post above with respect to why I don't believe your analogy holds up.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

[*]The second, and somewhat-related, reason for (2) is this: It cannot be assumed that a proponent of lolicon does not have the same moral attitudes towards real child abuse as an opponent thereof. The proponent of lolicon may still hold it abhorrent to abuse real children, and thereby find himself fully unwilling to acquire live-action material.

They may also be unwilling not because of morality but because of legal consequences if they get caught.

Zin5ki wrote:

[*]An aside. From (4) we can suggest that the difference between the proponent and the opponent of lolicon is as follows: Whilst they may both morally disapprove of real abuse, the proponent will hold no such disapproval towards fictional depictions of fictional abuse.

Some true lolicons may not believe having a mutual intimate relationship with children to be child abuse.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
einhorn303, see my edited post above with respect to why I don't believe your analogy holds up.

thoughts are thoughts it's the will power to hold back and not act or have the sense not to. There is difference between reality and fiction after all in all senses, i just feel like I am adding fuel to the fire now.. I will say this I do have a 4 year old nephew and I love him deeply but if anyone and I do mean ANYONE where to hurt him in that way I would personally cut off there nut sac, drain it and force them to eat what's left over, watch them puke it up and die. I am dead serious on this this is the only defense I can give. The only other one I suppose is that Japan's rape per captia is less than half that of the united states, so I am not to sure to be honest with you but rape and child molestation are 2 different things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
No.

OTOH, I wouldn't feel comfortable that a fan a Bambi who cries when Bambi's momma dies has unsupervised access to his local gun store. I'm just not comfortable with that whole unsupervised access to a gun store scenario.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
The only other one I suppose is that Japan's rape per captia is less than half that of the united states, so I am not to sure to be honest with you but rape and child molestation are 2 different things.

There are a lot of unreported rapes because of the family shame aspect, but it'll still be lower than the U.S.'s. Then again, there are more "molestations" that don't quite qualify as rape (though some would say otherwise) like voyeurism sports, chikan, underwear thievery, etc. A lot of J-birds are too shy and just take it like a mannequin for fear of standing out like a crooked nail.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The only other one I suppose is that Japan's rape per captia is less than half that of the united states, so I am not to sure to be honest with you but rape and child molestation are 2 different things.

There are a lot of unreported rapes because of the family shame aspect, but it'll still be lower than the U.S.'s. Then again, there are more "molestations" that don't quite qualify as rape (though some would say otherwise) like voyeurism sports, chikan, underwear thievery, etc. A lot of J-birds are too shy and just take it like a mannequin for fear of standing out like a crooked nail.

well ehh god this thread is more derailed than one on a "chan" board but hmm stealing panties=molestation really?? If the are around the same age i don't think so..but why not buy some out of one of the many wonderful vending machines. I do know that in some rural parts the age of consent is still 13 but in most prefectures if not all it's 18, also a girl can not get married until she is 16 and a guy until he is 18.. which makes no damn sense either... gAHHAHAHHAA ... i am losing my mind on this listen there one thing japan did use do though that made lolicon look like nothing and that junior av "adult videos".... some times i hate the net I really do......that's it...If anyone needs I will be playing clannad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
A lot of you seem to be acting on first impressions. Why don't we all watch the show before categorizing it as some loli-fetish trash?

Then again, most of you probably won't Sad
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
A lot of you seem to be acting on first impressions. Why don't we all watch the show before categorizing it as some loli-fetish trash?

It's the net, people feel more free to express themselves openly online I agree but that's what happens. To be fair as of now I am more worried about more important things.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

well ehh god this thread is more derailed than one on a "chan" board but hmm stealing panties=molestation really??

Don't ask me. Ask the J-birds whose panties got stolen off the veranda. Confused

Scormio wrote:

That's what happened with the Astroboy movie.

Many people were criticizing that Astro wasn't naked in the early trailers (turns out there's a good reason for it in the movie), but they didn't even bother watching it when it actually came out.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

well ehh god this thread is more derailed than one on a "chan" board but hmm stealing panties=molestation really??

Don't ask me. Ask the J-birds whose panties got stolen off the veranda. Confused

Scormio wrote:

That's what happened with the Astroboy movie.

Many people were criticizing that Astro wasn't naked in the early trailers (turns out there's a good reason for it in the movie), but they didn't even bother watching it when it actually came out.

okay can i just ask one thing then i am out for the night why in strike witches do people complain so much in sense it's the same thing as astro boy. Why is there such a divide there?? I mean astro flew around with rockets on his legs, in his briefs/underwear and lived with an older man <_< i can make this sound more messed up if I want to, but why is when girls do it's bad? I just don't get if where "suppose" to be equal then who gives a shi* I don't... rant over... also i don't think I have the balls to ask some girl why her panties where stolen, some feeling violated and molested are 2 different things but i guess it goes back to their mind set....Christ I need a life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11