• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Simulcasts Lotte no Omocha!/Astarotte's Toy

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
it's still yet another skeevy lolicon ecchi show which is gross enough on it's own.

The only utterly gross thing here is your blatant ignorance of the series, read the manga or watch the show and then return on your knees asking for forgiveness.

IKC doesn't like loli so even though I am going to watch this series since I have no problems for the most part with loli, I am going to defend him in his right to say that he doesn't like this kind of stuff, even if the manga itself is fairly tame.

In simple words you are accepting he does not have real knowledge of the series yet he has the right to share his ignorance with the rest of the forum? That would be akin to saying "I do not know the USA culture but I do not need to, it is a piece of crap and my opinion is a valid one." In other words he is a troll and you are defending a troll. It is akin to going to a forum of "The world God only knows" and chastising everybody as infidels that will burn in hell.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
So you're telling me that about every person who made the description for this show is wrong and is misleading? Okay, fine. I'll watch an episode or two. But if everyone is wrong and it is a lolicon semen show, i'll be here to troll even more. Thanks for letting me know. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

You're trying to paint this as a mere matter of what type of anime I like. It's not though. When the industry craps out another shitty moe show, fine, maybe I'll shrug and say 'I'm not the target audience'. When it comes to lolicon though, no. It's not a matter of taste.

yes, it's matter of taste. It's not illegal to have a small character in the show. As long as the show is not illegal, everything goes. You have no idea what is show is about.

I could say Star War is a shit show because it has a male loli as a main character. I never watch any Star War before, but I did know the loli is the main when there was a movie long time ago.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
it's still yet another skeevy lolicon ecchi show which is gross enough on it's own.

The only utterly gross thing here is your blatant ignorance of the series, read the manga or watch the show and then return on your knees asking for forgiveness.

IKC doesn't like loli so even though I am going to watch this series since I have no problems for the most part with loli, I am going to defend him in his right to say that he doesn't like this kind of stuff, even if the manga itself is fairly tame.

In simple words you are accepting he does not have real knowledge of the series yet he has the right to share his ignorance with the rest of the forum? That would be akin to saying "I do not know the USA culture but I do not need to, it is a piece of crap and my opinion is a valid one." In other words he is a troll and you are defending a troll. It is akin to going to a forum of "The world God only knows" and chastising everybody as infidels that will burn in hell.

Maybe I did not word this right. I know IKC doesn't like lolicon. He doesn't have to read the manga to know that there are some potential loli elements in it (minor fanservice but even that is not wank material)

Now that being said will the anime have some of the fanservice in it? Most likely, will it be similar to the magna? Probably. IKC isn't being a troll he is stating an that he/she doesn't like loli. Plain and simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Maybe I did not word this right. I know IKC doesn't like lolicon. He doesn't have to read the manga to know that there are some potential loli elements in it (minor fanservice but even that is not wank material)

Now that being said will the anime have some of the fanservice in it? Most likely, will it be similar to the magna? Probably. IKC isn't being a troll he is stating an that he/she doesn't like loli. Plain and simple.

no, you are defending a troll. He/she can state that he doesn't like loli or moe, then that's the end of it. But he also thinks what he likes are better than what other people like. He also has to keep reminding people that slice of life, moe and loli shows are shitty whatever he has the chance.

I think this is the best response to ikillchicken .

"After taking a look at your list....it just doesn't seem like anime is for you man. Might be time to find another hobby." from this topic
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1096562
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006: I appreciate your support. However, I would recommend you not waste your time responding to mangamuscle. This other fellow does seem worth talking to though.

Spotlesseden wrote:
yes, it's matter of taste. It's not illegal to have a small character in the show. As long as the show is not illegal, everything goes.

Nonsense. People love to trot out this justification whenever they're the ones being criticized but fail to apply it consistently. I guarantee there are plenty of things you judge to be despicable despite acknowledging they aren't and shouldn't be illegal.

Quote:
You have no idea what is show is about.

My comment is based under the assumption that DmonHiro's description of the show is correct. He is one of the people defending this show so I'm not sure why you'd object to this. Are you disputing that his summation is accurate? If so, how so?

Quote:
But he also thinks what he likes are better than what other people like.

I'm not sure how what I like even enters into the equation. Loli would be disgusting regardless of what I liked.

Quote:
no, you are defending a troll.

The fact that I think lolicon is disgusting does not make me a troll. I'm expressing my honest opinion. You don't have to like that opinion. However, you do not posses some god given right to never be criticized.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Why?! Why?!

Why is CR using their quality time subbing this show? The only thing this show is going to be in a few years is in the back of someone's mind while they're watching something else.
Primarily because they are a simulcast streaming site, not a DVD distributor, and their ultimate goal is to simulcast every anime series going to air in Japan, in every country where nobody else gets a claim on the in-season streaming rights.

Secondarily, this has availability in some countries that they often have trouble getting region access for, and that's always a plus for them ~ it definitely helped SRWOG:Inspector that it was international outside Japan.

Lord Geo wrote:
The only thing to wonder about is whether the 13 boxes in CR's lineup page is actually the final number. The total number of leaked shows ended up being 12 after those later titles were added to the app, and Gintama, the first reveal, brings it up to 13 already.
The technically correct answer is quite possibly "To Be Determined" ~ at least, as of when they put up the lineup page.

Indeed, the lineup page had its dates mostly switched to "TBD", probably to give more flexibility in copying with last minute delays because of the ongoing disruptions. For instance, as we heard on the ANNcast last week, the producer of professional recording tape is down because of the earthquake, and most anime houses have still been in the practice of physically delivering episodes on master tapes to the broadcast networks.

Anyway, if they learned their lesson from the debacle of flickering lineup boxes in Spring2010, they only put up boxes that they have signed, sealed and delivered contracts for. If so, and if there are any negotiations that have not yet been finalized, "more series" remains a "maybe" unless and until they are finalized.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
urm ... booblehead show

mangamuscle wrote:
he is a troll and you are defending a troll.

lol. pot, meet kettle.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
IKC isn't being a troll he is stating an that he/she doesn't like loli. Plain and simple.

If you really believe what you just said, it would be OK to enter a forum about a TV series I dislike due to simple prejudice and start attacking anyone who likes said series? If that is not the definition of an internet troll then you must live in a different dimension.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

How about you watch whatever you want, people watch whatever they want? Unlike you I don't like action shows, but i don't go to those show's forum/topic to complain about it.

Some people like Family Guy; some people don't like Family Guy. But anime fans just live and let live. Laughing

Spotlesseden wrote:

yes, it's matter of taste. It's not illegal to have a small character in the show. As long as the show is not illegal, everything goes.

It'd be illegal in Australia though. Laughing

Spotlesseden wrote:

I could say Star War is a shit show because it has a male loli as a main character. I never watch any Star War before, but I did know the loli is the main when there was a movie long time ago.

Are ya talking about Anakin? Laughing
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Nonsense. People love to trot out this justification whenever they're the ones being criticized but fail to apply it consistently. I guarantee there are plenty of things you judge to be despicable despite acknowledging they aren't and shouldn't be illegal.

You make no sense at all. First you accuse him without any proof that he is a bigot [insult removed]. Second, it is a matter of taste, nothing you said changes that, even whether it is legal or illegal does not change whether it is a matter of taste, many books are illegal in communist cuba but that does not mean they are evil, it simply means law has prohibited them. A loli per se is not evil, the plot is what makes a character despicable or lovable as Astarotte.

Quote:
Quote:
You have no idea what is show is about.

My comment is based under the assumption that DmonHiro's description of the show is correct. He is one of the people defending this show so I'm not sure why you'd object to this. Are you disputing that his summation is accurate? If so, how so?

Reading the plot is not the same as seeing a movie or TV series, you have no first hand knowledge so stand down from you tall and mighty stance.

Quote:
Quote:
But he also thinks what he likes are better than what other people like.

I'm not sure how what I like even enters into the equation. Loli would be disgusting regardless of what I liked.

and that is the definition of PREJUDICE.

Quote:
Quote:
no, you are defending a troll.

The fact that I think lolicon is disgusting does not make me a troll. I'm expressing my honest opinion. You don't have to like that opinion. However, you do not posses some god given right to never be criticized.

You have no opinion, you only have prejudices, you have no knowledge of this series, only ignorance. You dare criticize what you do not know and still believe your opinion has any worth at all.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
I hear that pedophiles often think that society is bigoted because most of us don't "get" them.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I hear that pedophiles often think that society is bigoted because most of us don't "get" them.

By any chance are you implying I am a pedophile? I cannot speak for anyone else in this forum, but I can say as matter of fact that I do not have said fetish. I do not mean to say I do not have other fetishes, but I doubt someone here is interested in hearing them Smile Remember slander is only used by true cowards.
Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

the word you're looking for is "shota".
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
OK, you ignorant masses... Lotte No Omoccha is has harmless as Hayate No Gotoku is. There's about as much harem in it as there was in Azumanga Daioh. Nobody is sexually interested in NOBODY in this show. Except for the running panty gag (which I cannot wait to hear Yukarin voice), there's nothing remotely objectable in it. Do some research.

I can't wait for Cuthfleda to be animated. She's goddamn funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11