• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommendations for Comedy + Romance + Action + Sports!!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaryLLisZai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Hi all! Very Happy I apologise if this topic has already been mention elsewhere..it is just too many for me to scan through.

Anyway, i'm just wondering if there any recommendation for anime that has comedy + action + romance + sports in it?

It need not be all three..any combination will do. Any recommendations?

I'm currently watching or have finished,
Prince Of Tennis,
Fruits Baskets,
Slayers,
DNAngel,
Spiral,
Pretear,
etc..

I want to buy more but i want the best!!!
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu has the first three, but it hasn't been released in the U.S. yet.
sacchan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
Dear Boys by Hiroki Yagami
Fenrir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:40 am Reply with quote
Slam Dunk is good
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quote
I hear that Hajime no Ippo is a very good sports drama, if you don't mind boxing, that is.

I'm a little tired right now so I can't think of anything else, sorry Razz. This series, however, seems to stick out in my mind for some reason though. I'll probably start picking it up around November or December. Smile
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote
Well, Azumanga Daioh falls into this category. It is a hilarious anime, that will leave you laughing throughout all the episodes. They do occasionally have sports in it. They swim a lot, run track, and do other things. You should check it out when you get the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iceghoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:21 am Reply with quote
Saiyuki is kinda funny, its got comedy and action. Lil bit racy with its humor though.

Also, Rune Soldier is the same, though not so racy as the former.

Saiyuki is a martial arts Japan set anime, with a bit of fantasy thrown in. Rune Soldier is pure fantasy.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:11 am Reply with quote
Princess Nine is a good sports (baseball) series. It also has romance. It's more drama then action, but some of the games and showdowns between characters are pretty good.
Iceghoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
Also someone mentioned s.CRY.ed was funny a while back, though I haven't been able to get ahold of it (nobody around here has Disk ONE... closest I've seen to the beginning of the series was like disk 4 or 5!)
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:26 am Reply with quote
Hello fellow Singaporean.

Full Metal Panic! has action, comedy and romance all rolled into one very addictive anime series. And it's been licensed by Bluemax I think so you can find it easily in stores like Poh Kim or whatever. Just about most shops have it. Fumoffu has not been licensed yet but the boots are available if you know where to look.

Other than that, Last Exile too has action and romance, though the comedy is sparse.

Ai Yori Aoshi has lots and lots of romance and comedy. I highly recommend this title. It's one of the best recent romance animes.

Tenjou Tenge (天上天下) is another one with comedy and action. I don't know about the romance part because I've only seen the first episode. The first 16 episodes are available if you know where to find them.
AmaryLLisZai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:21 am Reply with quote
Ken Hayashi wrote:
Hello fellow Singaporean.

Hey there!! Very Happy

Ken Hayashi wrote:
Full Metal Panic! has action, comedy and romance all rolled into one very addictive anime series.

I watch this FMP already..it was alright for me..not that funny though..only in the beginning..then it tend to get serious..don't you think. There going to be FMP 2 right?

Ken Hayashi wrote:
Fumoffu has not been licensed yet but the boots are available if you know where to look.

WHat is this anime? I never of it before...is it good??

Ken Hayashi wrote:
Ai Yori Aoshi has lots and lots of romance and comedy. I highly recommend this title. It's one of the best recent romance animes.

THis anime got lots of feedback for one of the best romance anime..maybe if i've extra cash..then i might get it...Planning to get Slayers Next and Try first..

[quote="Ken Hayashi"] Tenjou Tenge (天上天下) is another one with comedy and action. quote]

Again..first time hearing this...maybe can tell me what its' all about..

Thanks everybody.. Very Happy
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:13 am Reply with quote
O.K., to answer your long post:

Full Metal Panic! was actually quite funny IMO. Especially when Sagara screws up and Chidori gets mad. Of course, later on it got serious but it is still one of the better animes out there.

As for FMP2, well, some people think that it's referring to Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. So the FMP2 you're talking about would actually be FMP3 but it's still only a thought. I don't think it's even in the production stages yet.

Anyway, Fumoffu means the sequal to FMP. Full name is Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. It's more slapstick humor and comedy and quite episodic. In fact, some episodes contain 1 or 2 mini-episodes. If you prefer outright comedy, this is the one to get. Same characters, with a few new ones, but some of the old ones like Tessa, Melissa, Kurz, Kalinin, etc get less coverage.

Slayers Try and Next, pretty old animes. Funny series and quite enjoyable. I especially loved Megumi Hayashibara as Lina. But if you really love romance, you MUST get Ai Yori Aoshi. Here it comes in 2 boxed sets (part 1 with episodes 1 to 12, part 2 with episodes 13 to 24), each selling for less than SGD$30. Try Poh Kim or Blue Max, they have a 10% discount most times.

As for Tenjou Tenge, it's a school/romance/comedy anime. I shall not say too much, and besides that I've only just bought this yesterday and have only watched the first episode. Still, initial feelings are that it's going to be interesting. One of the characters has facial expressions (when he's shocked, surprised, etc.) that remind me of Onizuka from GTO.
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe his and her circumstances its got good comedy and the whole show is about romance. Theres some action and sports in it to sometimes.
AmaryLLisZai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Ken~~ Razz

Fumoffu is the sequel to FMP..ooh i didn't know that..now i know..

Ya slayers is an old anime but i've not yet watch it so it still new to me.

Princess Nine sounds looks interesting to me...maybe i might buy that..and ai yori aoshi too... Very Happy

As for His and Her circumstances..any comments anyone? I've heard of it before but couldn't quite place where Confused ..hehe

Quote:
Also someone mentioned s.CRY.ed was funny a while back, though I haven't been able to get ahold of it (nobody around here has Disk ONE... closest I've seen to the beginning of the series was like disk 4 or 5!)

s.CRY.ed isn't this about the different worlds?

Wah if only i'm a millionnaire..can buy a lot of things..hehe Very Happy
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
AmaryLLisZai wrote:
Princess Nine sounds looks interesting to me...maybe i might buy that..and ai yori aoshi too... Very Happy

As for His and Her circumstances..any comments anyone? I've heard of it before but couldn't quite place where Confused ..hehe

Where can you find Princess Nine? I'd like to know. I hope it's not bootleg.

His and Her Circumstances is a nice romance story. Nothing too fantastic like in AYA, just soft, romantic, subtle. The animation is great. School romance type of story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3