• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Curse You Bandai Store

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

...I dunno, wait until King of Thorn gets localized. You'll relish that one.

Oh God...I can only imagine...Crying or Very sad
Innocentsake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, I just discovered a new reason to hate the Bandai Store. I noticed in another thread that there is finally a new release date for 5 Centimeters Per Second of Feb. 22. I had pre-ordered that title from the Bandai Store back on Sept. 11 of last year. So I check my account status: absolutely no record of my pre-order. Thanks, douche-bags! I hope they aren't the only place offering it because even if they did still mail to Canada I don't want anything to do with these dipshits.

I'm glad I read this thread and saw that you mentioned this! I'd been waiting forever for them to set a new release date and when they finally do they pull something like this >.< My order no longer shows up in the records either. It would've been nice if they actually sent a notice out about this. I don't see why they couldn't just leave those who had pre-ordered alone, makes no sense~

My first & last time trying to buy something from the Bandai Store, thanks for the heads up Blood-!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
Shawne says 5 cm/s will be available everywhere and not just Bandai. That's why I've always been curious as to why people actually used the Bandai Store instead of TRSI.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
*heaves sigh of relief* I thought I had heard that somewhere before, TKoH, but its nice to have the confirmation. As for why I pre-ordered from the Banduh Store - back then, the release date was October (ha ha) and I was under the impression that they would be the only ones who had the title for a while. I wanted it as quick as possible, so that's why I used them. Or tried to, I should say.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
John Casey wrote:

...I dunno, wait until King of Thorn gets localized. You'll relish that one.

Oh God...I can only imagine...Crying or Very sad

:<

Well you don't sound too optimistic... I actually have a good feeling about that one. Smile Has FUNImation written all over it.

The King of Harts wrote:
Shawne says 5 cm/s will be available everywhere and not just Bandai. That's why I've always been curious as to why people actually used the Bandai Store instead of TRSI.

And the Bandai store effectively just lost its reason for existence...
Innocentsake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
That really makes me happy, thanks Harts! And like Blood- I also didn't hear that it would be available anywhere else, but if Shawne says it then I'm a happy camper again Very Happy And I love TRSI, just made an order from them not too long ago Wink And they'll definitely have another pre-order from me for 5 cm/s!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
And the Bandai store effectively just lost its reason for existence...

My sentiments exactly. Bandai is in stiff competition with Viz for being my least favourite R1 company. Their sparse, singles-filled, and expensive release schedule definitely didn't help, and now their store seems to be US exclusive. For a country that is supposed to be part of the R1 market, we Canadians certainly get the shaft alot (like %75 of Funimation streams being Hulu-hosted). I wasn't planning on ordering from the Bandai store anytime soon, but who knows, maybe sometime down the road they could of had cool exclusives. Oh well. Laughing
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I agree, its sad too because I've always liked Bandai's releases as I can usually bank of them for a high quality release like with Gundam Unicron (price and episode counts notwithstanding). But they have just dropped the ball so bad in the last couple of years. Like I want most of the stuff they release but getting it has been another story with release dates getting pushed back all the time and not being able to order their stuff easily. I want to buy K-On!, I want to buy Gundam Unicron but damn Bandai you just dont want to make it easy for me Sad

And don't even get me started on Viz Evil or Very Mad

The King of Harts wrote:

Well when they did ship to Canada there shipping prices were good, fast delivery, and more importantly no customs fee's (at least for me). My problem with Rightstuf is wile I like there selection and prices I always get hit up with a $15-20 customs charge with them and I'm usually waiting 3-4 weeks on delivery. Also to get the free shipping you need a $150 order which I can never seem to get, I can usually build up an order around $100 but never $150. Not saying Rightstuf is a bad place to order from, it would just be nice if for Canadian orders they lowered the free shipping to $100 from $150 as I would probably use them a lot more often.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
@ BeanBandit - I'd love it if TRSI lowered their trigger for free Canadian shipping, too, although unlike you, I never have a problem coming up with $150 worth of stuff. Quite the opposite - I usually have to cut myself off and leave some items for future orders so that I don't have a whopping bill at once.

Also, just to be clear - you don't get assessed any special customs fees by ordering through TRSI. It's just that I guess some places will list your order as a "gift" as opposed to a purchase, so you don't get dinged for the HST. So on a $150 TRSI order, I'll have to pay almost $20 in HST, plus a $5 to $7 "handling" fee that Canada Post charges me to get my order out of Customs and actually deliver it to me.

Even with all that, I generally find it cheapest to deal with TRSI (since I always qualify for free shipping and I have the GotAnime membership).
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Also, just to be clear - you don't get assessed any special customs fees by ordering through TRSI. It's just that I guess some places will list your order as a "gift" as opposed to a purchase, so you don't get dinged for the HST. So on a $150 TRSI order, I'll have to pay almost $20 in HST, plus a $5 to $7 "handling" fee that Canada Post charges me to get my order out of Customs and actually deliver it to me.

I'm not sure why exactly Rightstuf orders are so bad when it comes to getting dinged for fees. The gift/merchandise issue would explain why some stuff doesn't get dinged. However, whenever I order from other big places, Amazon.com, RACS, Deep Discount, etc I never get dinged. I would think at least some of them would also not mark stuff as gifts.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
So, still no reply from the Bandai store ticketing system. I placed my help request on Saturday... I mean, I really want it as soon as possible, but I paid less for shipping in my previous (deleted) order than I would have to now, so if this keeps up, I may just go to Rightstuf, like I do for every other release.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
As it turns out, I'll be getting 5 Centimeters cheaper from TRSI than if my pre-order with the Bandai Store hadn't been unceremoniously dumped. With my GotAnime membership, the price will be the same, but because I get free shipping from TRSI ('coz I always order $150 or more of stuff) it's actually cheaper. The Bandai Store was going to charge me $5 and change to ship to Canada. That, of course, was in the days when they still shipped to Canada. Rolling Eyes
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
That is disappointing to hear.

My one experience with the Bandai Store in November/December was very pleasant - shipping was fairly fast - especially for that time of the year - and cheap (compiled Flag set was free, so I only got dinged for Zegapain Vol. 6). The ticketing system was also pretty smooth when I had a question to ask - the reply didn't take too long.

The fact that they had Flag for a cheap price and still had Zegapain Vol. 6 helps, of course.

It's probably a good thing that I wound up ordering my Kara no Kyokai boxset through TRSI, with all this ruckus.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
As it turns out, I'll be getting 5 Centimeters cheaper from TRSI than if my pre-order with the Bandai Store hadn't been unceremoniously dumped. With my GotAnime membership, the price will be the same, but because I get free shipping from TRSI ('coz I always order $150 or more of stuff) it's actually cheaper. The Bandai Store was going to charge me $5 and change to ship to Canada. That, of course, was in the days when they still shipped to Canada. Rolling Eyes

Yeah I was crunching the numbers for K-On! and Gundam Unicorn is it;s only $5 more or so on Rightstuf so I'm just going to build an order with them instead, probably add Eva 2.22 and some manga on that as well.

With the Bandai sale going on now too might double dip on The Girl Who Lept through time as well.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
[quote="BeanBandit"]
Blood- wrote:

Yeah I was crunching the numbers for K-On! and Gundam Unicorn and it's only $5 more or so on Rightstuf so I'm just going to build an order with them instead, probably add Eva 2.22 and some manga on that as well.

With the Bandai sale going on now too might double dip on The Girl Who Lept through time as well with the blu-ray.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4