• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MM! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5 - pretty good episode. Hilarious even, yet I hope we won't see anything like that again. Simply put - MM! must not become Demon King Daimao. Thats because MM! laid a way better groundwork for it's drama so I hope it keeps it. Daimao on the other hand discarded logic and went nonsensical (which actually worked for that series).

I like new OP, only first one is slightly better... Really like ED as well.

Also, did anyone notice the moment Mio and Yuuno got m@d when the loli girl Noa brought a present for Tarou? Priceless. More of "subtle" touches like this one please. And the follow-up reaction of girls was great as well: violent outrage and teary face.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 started off piss poor, but got a tad serious in the latter half. Now we have this ridiculous episode. Is this show trolling, or is it really taking a turn for the worse? One more poor episode like this, and it's dropped like 3rd period french.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I so wish I had a mom and sister like that. Episode six gotta be one of the best so far.
That girl's boobies still intrigue me for some reason. Just what exactly did her parents feed her during her childhood? Please do tell me, so I can do the same if I ever get a daughter... I'm willing to go as far as to buy a Dutch milk cow. Her diet will be composed of cheese, and milk for breakfast with pure condensed milk for desert. My wife and I will certainly find a way to cook everything with plenty of milk.

Judging by the preview, it looks like we'll see Goku every time the scientist brat appears.
DCR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Gruntsworthy wrote:
Episode 4 started off piss poor, but got a tad serious in the latter half. Now we have this ridiculous episode. Is this show trolling, or is it really taking a turn for the worse? One more poor episode like this, and it's dropped like 3rd period french.

I thought exactly the contrary. I was about to drop this show after episode 4, but the DBZ parody saved it for me.

At the end of the first episode, I thought it could work has a half comedy, half serious show: Sado and Tatsukichi's conversation was well done.

But then we got all the cliche: Sado fighting the senpai jerkass to protect Arashiko and Arashiko being all "aw, he did all that for me" (almost puked in my mouth) followed by this painfull date episode with Mio. The worst part was when he got upset that she kissed him, got all moral and lectured her about how she shouldn't kiss boys if she is not in love with them (why don't you just call her a slutt, douchebag? do you also think that she should stay a virgin until her marriage?)

So I'm more than happy than the show is for now going full fanservice and nonsensical humour. The Hentai Genkidama, and then the MMMM vs Loliloliloli DBZ fight made me laugh as much as the best Panty&Stocking episodes.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
The repetition is getting quite exhaustive. God, why did I ever realize the Japanese practise of good beginnings and horrendous everything else (darn you, Princess Lover).
Not that MM! is doing bad right now, but what's mostly keeping the excitement up is the op/ed sequences. I guess they failed to provide fresh jokes, which is just an awful thing to do with a comedy series.

Talk about an addictive ending.
kiddtic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 am Reply with quote
so umm I marathoned the show an umm...... I love it! I do LoL didn't think i would but its really funny.

Episode 8 has to be my favourite as well. Episode 9 was okay atleast it has a drama element to it just enough to get you to keep watching the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kiddtic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:05 am Reply with quote
This has to be my Guiltiest Pleasure of all time. LoL absolutely no plot here well none that you could actually care about.

Mios' Chrsitmas gift to the fans was wll deserved hehe, I burst into uncontrollable laughter when tey had that store duel, "the charm of an adult" hehe. "the hentai power is strong in this one" that one is staying in my quotes arsenal forever.

good show overall, good show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vastoceans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:40 am Reply with quote
The change in direction between 1-4 and episode 5 was totally jarring. I laughed out loud for (I think) the wrong reasons when episode 5 hit and we got the DBZ treatment. I thought for sure the series was going to leave a bitter taste in my mouth after relatively strong opening episodes... but I'll be damned if it didn't become a guilty pleasure for me as well. I guess I am partial to this sort of thing because I would have loved to be that panda... but maybe it was the cute characters and good voice acting that saved it. Jun Fukuyama was absolutely perfect for this role. Good pointless fun; would watch again.
kiddtic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
true the voice acting ws nearlly perfect? i loved the Lolicon dude "loli loli loli loli" hahaha oh man what a stupid show. It even had Tomakazu Sugita dear God! my favourite seiyu playing an Otaku.

This is one of those shows I really love but will never tell my friends i do hehe.
Gentry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Surprisingly the one show I looked forward to watching the most each week. Reminded me of Baka to Test to Shōkanjū abit with it's humour but that was probably a little funnier.

Good show and a cast full of likeable characters. Mio was just the right amount of tsundere for my liking and didn't over do it like a certain sister in another show this season. Some of the jokes were over used but still made me chuckle on many occasions. Good lead character, hope there's another season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5