• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is this a plot hole in Princess Mononoke?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calphite2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Why does san's body not get infected/cursed/whatever like ashitaka's arm when she gets attached to the boar god?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I remember that she was actually. It's been a while since I watched my copy though.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
calphite2 wrote:
Why does san's body not get infected/cursed/whatever like ashitaka's arm when she gets attached to the boar god?
spoiler[She did get infected with it temporarily. While she was trying to escape from his body, you could see a number of those writhing snake-like things bursting out of her body. She knew that she was turning into a demon just like, which is why she was calling out for him to stop.

It all goes away once Moro strips her from Okoto and Ashitaka puts her body in the pool of the forest spirit, though.]

Just talking about it makes me wanna go watch my copy of it tonight. Laughing
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Also:

spoiler[The Boar that infected Ashitaka still had lingering hate and straight up cursed human kind and Ashitaka. The arm was basically trying to do the bidding of that Boar. The Boar that infected San didn't hold those same level of ill will and in the end died peacefully thanks to the Deer God which could be why San's curse wasn't as severe until the very end when the Deer God's body touched them.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1