• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
animania

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BalmungOAS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
I was watching a comercial for HD service and they previewed a title of a chanel called Animania. Iwas wonder if that chanel had any relationship with being aa all anime chanel because that was the first time I heard of it. My friend said "Animania" can mean alot of things for example, the first thing that came to mind was animals. So what really is that chanel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:20 am Reply with quote
BalmungOAS wrote:
I was watching a comercial for HD service and they previewed a title of a chanel called Animania. Iwas wonder if that chanel had any relationship with being aa all anime chanel because that was the first time I heard of it. My friend said "Animania" can mean alot of things for example, the first thing that came to mind was animals. So what really is that chanel?
I don't know? But I get a weird pay channel called "Animax-asia" I have no clue what it is, but I heard it shows dub anime.
BalmungOAS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
I have never heard of that one either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:33 am Reply with quote
BalmungOAS wrote:
I have never heard of that one either.
It's on the list of broadcasters. Animax-asia
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:35 am Reply with quote
Animania is also the name of a small con in Sydney, Australia. Not that it's relevant here, but I thought I'd pimp it Razz
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:05 am Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
BalmungOAS wrote:
I don't know? But I get a weird pay channel called "Animax-asia" I have no clue what it is, but I heard it shows dub anime.

Animax-asia is actually an all-anime network only shown in Asia that shows subbed only anime.
BalmungOAS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quote
Asia?!! How about any in the USA, an all anime channel?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quote
There's ADV's the Anime Network and Adult Swim on Demand.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:40 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Animax-asia is actually an all-anime network only shown in Asia that shows subbed only anime.

Wow! Are those English subs? Not that I can watch it since you say it's only broadcasted in Asia, but I'm still curious. Surprised
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Here is some info about animax-asia from my cable provider.

"Launched on January 2004, Animax's Asian subsidiary broadcasts anime titles subtitled or dubbed in English to millions of homes in Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan, India and other parts of South East Asia."
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I have a cousin who lives in the Philippines who told me that GTO is one of the most popular animes there right now because of Animax.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1