• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Happy Halloween!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:12 pm Reply with quote
*cackle cackle*

*scary werewolf sounds*

Happy Halloween!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:25 pm Reply with quote
arrrrr! did anyone carve an anime pumpkin?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

arrrrr! did anyone carve an anime pumpkin?

i've been shivering in the dark, without electricity for the last 18 hours.

I'm glad you can eat campbells soup cold. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Ah,yes. You are in the snowy region, aren't you Cookie? We got some sleet on Tuesday, then rain all day Wednesday. Now it's looking nice out. We're not supposed to get snow until Friday night or something.

As for the pumpkin carving, I try not to do that. Too messy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:33 pm Reply with quote
From my laboratory in the castle east
To the master bedroom where the vampires feast
The ghouls all came from their humble abodes
To get a jolt from my electrodes

The Monster Mash is the best Halloween song EVAR. Laughing

Cassandra wrote:

As for the pumpkin carving, I try not to do that. Too messy.

I hadn't planned on it... But for lack of anything better to do last night I sat down and carved up this little dirty one my little sisters disowned.

Things didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. A lack of pre-planning resulted in the face being centered too low on the gourd, and if it wasn't for our conveniently-placed porch railing, passerbys wouldn't be able to see the face. And due to a couple of slips the mouth and nose holes became one single extended orifice, a long gash connects the right eye to the mouth, and I am missing some skin on my left thumb. -_-;

Surprisingly, it doesn't look all that bad. When my youngest sister saw it, she asked me if I meant to make it that way. I told her to decide for herself.
Razz

It certainly looks freakish, but isn't that point of a Jack o' lantern?

I'm planning on taking some pictures of it later (after dark) to post on Cherrii.net. I'll post a link here also, if I remember.
Rolling Eyes
Cgoten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Halloween. Basically, a day where little kids knock on my door and I pretend I'm not home while I play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Very Happy Actually, there weren't many trickers and/or treaters coming to my house this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:49 pm Reply with quote
This has got to be my favorite holiday Smile No anime pumpkins, unfortuantely. Though I may have to try that next year - I'm planning to have a little party with some friends. Maybe I'll make it an Anime Halloween party...hmmm......

I did don my Sanouske costume when I went to work, but nobody knew who I was even with my handy-dandy Sano action figure sitting on my desk as a visual aid. Oh well - I did manage to get compared to Hong Kong Phooey a couple times. I found that very amusing -especially since I love HKP Very Happy

Hope you all had a good time, whatever you chose to do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:54 pm Reply with quote
And for ANN's Halloween present (given to ANN by its readers) 1 million impressions some time today.

Thanks Smile
Case

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:00 am Reply with quote
Got those pictures I promised. Very Happy

My Corky Jack O' Lantern
Three Jack O' Lanterns On The Front Porch

Some piece of work, eh?

Cgoten wrote:

Actually, there weren't many trickers and/or treaters coming to my house this year.

Same here. Only like 10-15 groups stopped by our place in the two hours designated as Beggar's Night. Maybe 40-60 kids total. Granted, we're right at the top of a steep hill, but we're still right in the middle of the main residential district and I know that we've seen a lot more kids in previous years.

But that's only logical, I suppose. It's pretty cold and windy in central Iowa tonight... Not the best weather for wandering the streets in witch dresses and mummy wrappings. About half of the kids who stopped were being shuttled around in cars, and most of the other half were junior high to high school kids who had nothing better to do than wander around. Truth be told, the latter took most of our good Halloween candy.
Rolling Eyes

My Dad was getting pretty pissed about it, though.

I was more bothered by the fact that so few kids were prepared with tricks this year. The best most of them had to offer were the same old lame jokes, and a few didn't even try.

One kid told my dad that he was fresh out of tricks. I would've told him that we were fresh out of treats...
Mad

Back in my day, that kind of stuff just didn't cut it. You had to PERFORM if you wanted something better than an apple or a couple of pennies, goshdarnit.
Razz
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:01 am Reply with quote
Cgoten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:49 pm Reply with quote
sailormech wrote:

I was more bothered by the fact that so few kids were prepared with tricks this year. The best most of them had to offer were the same old lame jokes, and a few didn't even try.

Some of my friends got a few smoke bombs, rang someone's doorbell and threw a smoke bomb on their porch. Very Happy Ah, good ol' Halloween fun...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:59 pm Reply with quote
wait-wait-wait...people actually do "tricks"? where the hell do you live? around here, they come up, say trick or treat, stick out their bags, say thank you or something and leave. wow...i didn't know that "trick-or-treat" held meaning...
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if you don't put out with the treats, you better be expecting some sort of prank. Usually it's stuff like egging a house, tp'ing some trees...whipped cream in the mailbox....

Though most pranking is usually reserved for Mischief Night, the night before Halloween.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Yep, but I call it "Watch Simpsons Halloween Ep Tell I'm Blue in the Face". Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

Some of my friends got a few smoke bombs, rang someone's doorbell and threw a smoke bomb on their porch. :D Ah, good ol' Halloween fun...

I bet you wouldn't be smilin' if it were happenin' to you. :p

*grumpy*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2