• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Letter of the Week #2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for one of these. All bold, large font, with smilies.

Quote:
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 4:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: a$$hole!!!!!!!!

For someone how is bad mouthing sailormoon so bad u surely wasted your time writing a review first of all dont go makeing assumptions for other people but yourself i have showed many people pretty guardian sailormoon and not one bad comment they loved it, 7 of them not being sailormoon fans came back dieing to see the next episodes
Sailormoon being the top biggest and most popular anime ever will never die as you can see with other shows like dragonball Z and so on how powerful it can be due to its cult like following it will never, as far as the acting its great 90% not even being about the acting but how much they look like their anime counter parts sailormoon has more websites than any other anime out there and still increaseing as for the live action websites have been created within weeks of of the show airing and also increasing, plus that comment about them fighting with a plastic bandai toy first of all 14 of my SM friend own that same wand and it looks nothing like the toy the shows version is a special made prop just like the power rangers weopons so shut the fudge up on that on, finally just becase a show ist airing anymore doesnt mean its falling out of the world loop tons of people are dieing for it to be shown again even with its horrible dub and bad voice actors me on the other hand also want it to be show again even though i own every singal dvd as well as 15 other anime completed and wacthing to episodes wont detrimine if you like it or not and so far your the only a$$hole on the internet whos said so! :evil:

Quote:
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 4:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: a$$hole!!!!!! part 2

And just for a reality check PGSM is one of the top five shows in japan and will definitly go on to the last season we aint goin nowhere baby!

Funny thing is, I actually...like the show.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:29 pm Reply with quote
classic....

well, at least that person didn't attack your journalistic integrity like some people did to Zac. Well then again, he/she did say something about making assumptions and such, so screw him / her.

and oh yeah, some flawless, airtight arguments there Rolling Eyes ....betcha them sailormoon fanboys (and fangirls) would be comin' after ya 'round the corner, all in their creamy sailor goodness Laughing
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quote
x_X Oi, that's horrible. I'm ashamed to be a Sailormoon fan. I at least tried pointing out to a large fangirl community that you were a fan of the show, and that it wasn't a negative review.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quote
That's a run-on sentence if i've ever seen one (not a single period anywhere in there). Laughing
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Niceee =P

Yes. It is the longest run-on sentence I've seen in quite a while. It was a kick to my brain for a little bit. ^^;

The series, is alright I guess. I wish there were better people defending it though. =P

But that's some funny stuff. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Ummm.... yeah. A note to Ryuuzaki2000. Try to compose yourself and learn to read. You aren't doing the fans of the show any good whatsoever. From what I could tell, Miagi was simply pointing out the problems of the show along with the good. If you couldn't tell that, perhaps a class on reading comprehension may be in order. Why don't you take that along with some English classes in order to work on your puctuation and sentence structure while you are at it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rebecca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I think this guy emailed me with a similar rant....definitely reads like the pile that I received a week ago. I'd post it, but it got deleted once I stopped laughing...
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted to answer a letter like this in a venue where I didn't have to be 100% professional, so here goes Smile

[quote]For someone how is bad mouthing sailormoon so bad u surely wasted your time writing a review first of all don't go makeing assumptions for other people but yourself i have showed many people pretty guardian sailormoon and not one bad comment they loved it, 7 of them not being sailormoon fans came back dieing to see the next episodes
Quote:

Unfortunately for your credibility they were all in preschool.

Quote:
Sailormoon being the top biggest and most popular anime ever will never die as you can see with other shows like dragonball Z

I who speak as an expert on Japan, the anime industry, and tastes past and present

Quote:
and so on how powerful it can be due to its cult like following it will never, as far as the acting its great 90% not even being about the acting but how much they look like their anime counter parts sailormoon has more websites than any other anime out there and still increaseing as for the live action websites have been created within weeks of of the show airing and also increasing,

And that never happens for any other show, no matter how crappy. I give you the "Save Enterprise" campaign.

Quote:
plus that comment about them fighting with a plastic bandai toy first of all 14 of my SM friend own that same wand and it looks nothing like the toy the shows version is a special made prop just like the power rangers weopons so shut the fudge up on that on,

It was crappy. Deal with it. There are US amature cosplayers who have made better outfits than the ones in the show. Do we need to get into the puppets?

Quote:
finally just becase a show ist airing anymore doesnt mean its falling out of the world loop tons of people are dieing for it to be shown again even with its horrible dub and bad voice actors me on the other hand also want it to be show again even though i own every singal dvd as well as 15 other anime completed and wacthing to episodes wont detrimine if you like it or not and so far your the only a$$hole on the internet whos said so! Evil or Very Mad

Well, if you have all the episodes on DVD, just watch those and don't worry about it being shown on TV cut and dubbed. I watched it, and it blew. It was worse than animated Sailor Moon due to poor acting, cheaper than cheap FX and the horrible puppets and costumes, coupled with the general crumminess of Sailor Moon.

THIS IS A SHOW MADE FOR _6_ YEAR OLD GIRLS. DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT YOU LIKE IT AND KEEP IT THE SECRET SHAME THAT MOST DO

Quote:
And just for a reality check PGSM is one of the top five shows in japan and will definitly go on to the last season we aint goin nowhere baby!

Thus proving you know absolutely nothing about Japan. The show is on at 7:30 in the morning. This means it's something kids watch before school. Top 5 girl shows? Top 5 in its time slot? If this person thinks that it's in the top 5 of the week, well, they do think it's well made and acted so I guess they'll believe pretty much anything
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm STILL confused why people think you gave it such a horrible review. I mean, I love the show...and I think you were completely fair.

It's things that like that letter that remind me that I'm not a fangirl Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
I'm STILL confused why people think you gave it such a horrible review. I mean, I love the show...and I think you were completely fair.

Because some of the fangirls out there with a 12 year old and under brain capacity can't comprehend what a good review is, and what professionally bashing a show is. Maybe Miagi used too many big words. I don't know. All I know is they're embarassing my fandom.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I can say that I've seen almost all of Sailor Moon at some point or another.

And I too, was a Sailor Moon fan,..............when I was 12.
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:43 am Reply with quote
I'm a Sailor Moon fan, and while I didn't find the review great, I didn't find it awful either. It certainly didn't warrent such an attack like that. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1