• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword of the Stranger!! An awesome movie!! :D

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sj21

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Who hasn't seen this movie yet? well if you haven't here are some links. For the trailer here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meY2e2KT-HA. its in japanese but is very good. Now if you want to watch it here is the first part of it, [No posting links to illegal streams/downloads].

This movie is good in every scene to me. I personally love the artwork and the look at the end of the movie with the snow.

The music is sweet and really sets the right mood. My favorite music in it was at the end werespoiler[they were attacking the fortress.].

Good things about this movie. It has awesome action. My favorite anime movie used to be appleseed ex machina but now by a long shot its sword of the stranger. This movie will appeal to any action fan and especcially people like me who like samurai type anime.

the action is full on hardcore samurai fighting with a lot of blood. It has a lot of action and never really gets to talkative. My favorite part is the end werespoiler[the foreigner rarou and nanashi fight.] its very suspenseful and so fast. Again the music is set just right and the most suspenseful part has got to be whenspoiler[rarou and nanashi stab each other and rarou dies.]

If you've seen the movie, did you like it, hate or thought it was okay. If you haven't seen it i highly recommend it and i give it a 10/10, its my new favorite movie, can't wait for the dub. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Edit: Sorry, no posting links to illegal streams or downloads, that's a long standing rule here. Also, try not to do the whole all caps thing, especially for the thread title, it is really unnecessary. - Keonyn]
Courbet

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes the movie itself is awesome, totally shocked me, however its a shame that this post will probably get locked as far as I know you arent allow to post any links to streams/downloads.

Just thought I would mention that a sub is available for those who search diligently Smile

Beautiful animation, great characters, and suspense galore. Cliched plot told in a good and interesting way.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I've seen it. It's a fantastic film, and I really liked it as well. Bandai recently liscensed it and I'll definitely be picking it up whenever they put the disc out.
LockonStratos

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was indeed a good movie. Thanks!
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
You are right, this movie is awesome. 2D animation is the best, Appleseed's characters moved like puppets but SoS's characters had life. I waited so long for an action anime movie, like the good old days.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Great movie I hope I get to see it in the theater July 18th.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching this. Not a great film, but certainly a pretty darn good one. The the basic plot structure itself is unremarkable, yet it manages to work thanks to the good direction. What makes the film worth seeing, though, are the production values. Such pretty art and lush animation! My eyes are still watering after gazing upon the incredible visuals. Fantastic. I'm certainly going to be buying the Blu-ray version once it's released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, definitely sounds like something I'd like. Based on what some of you have already said about it I think this'll definitely be worth at least a try anyways. I'll have to keep this one in mind and keep an eye out for it around the rental stores one of these times or something. Of course I'll rent it first before I decide whether or not I'll actually buy it. Even though it may have a cliche plot that shouldn't bother me too much anyways, especially if everything else about it makes up for it.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Rarou and Nanashi is one of the best climatic fights I've seen, the animation the choreography, the evenness of the fight is just so much better than what you usually get for a climatic fight.
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't get this comments about "cliche story", 99,99% of animes are full of cliches. How many animes in this season are only generic fanservice and tired jokes? At least Sword of the stranger try to make an action feature anime film when in the last years action anime was ausent in cinemas, or it was made in 3D.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
I don't get this comments about "cliche story", 99,99% of animes are full of cliches. How many animes in this season are only generic fanservice and tired jokes?

You do have a point, but in the case of this film, we've seen this kind of story many, many, many times before. They could have at least tried to made it a bit more original. In spite of that, the visuals make up for the dry plot greatly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I watched the last half of this at a con. I must say it was really well made, and the fight scenes were pretty awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1