• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Dragon - new DB ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saturday

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quote
What do y'all think 'bout it?

10 ep. i've seen, really reminds me DB. People, creatures, landscapes... DB SAGA CONTINUES Twisted Evil (BTW, THE GAME ROX)
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote
Saturday wrote:
What do y'all think 'bout it?

10 ep. i've seen, really reminds me DB. People, creatures, landscapes... DB SAGA CONTINUES Twisted Evil (BTW, THE GAME ROX)

Does it have pointless battles that stretch for 5 episodes, lengthy plot points that take 1/4th of the year to get thru, and really saddled with token characters?
Canuckian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
You do realize, Akira Toriyiama(Creator of DragonBall) is envolved in the project? So obviously there is going to be similairities.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Akira Toyama provided the character designs for Blue Dragon. I don't think he provided anything else though.

Is Blue Dragon like Dragonball? That's pretty good, considering Dragonball was a fun, zany show.
Or is it like Dragonball Z, where everything is really dragged out and eye-rolling intense?

Anyway, I heard that Viz might get Blue Dragon on Toonami in the next year or so (from what my dad told me at one of his liscensing shows), so I'll check it out if it comes on TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1