• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Dragon Ral Grad(o) licensed by Viz?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't know where this potential news came from, but on Ral Grad(o)'s Wikipedia article, there is this:

"Viz has the rights to the English language version, under the title Ral Grad, with the first volume scheduled for release in February 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dragon_Ral_Grado

So, what do you think? It would make sense, I think.

But then what about Blue Dragon Secret Trick?
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I don't know where this potential news came from, but on Ral Grad(o)'s Wikipedia article, there is this:

"Viz has the rights to the English language version, under the title Ral Grad, with the first volume scheduled for release in February 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dragon_Ral_Grado

So, what do you think? It would make sense, I think.

But then what about Blue Dragon Secret Trick?

Secret Trick got cancelled since Monthly went under. Also, US SJ would be more interestred in Ral Grado because of Takeshi Obata. Plus the answer to one of their puzzles a while back was that he was working on Blue Dragon. So if they cared enough to announce it way back then, this is very likely.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
I'm still wondering where the news came from, though.

I'd also like to see the first and only volume of Secret Trick released over here...Just to get all the Blue Dragon manga.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Usually wiki has a list on the bottom with all the sources cited but I couldn't find it on Ral Grado's (even though they had the numbers scattered throughout the page). Not surprising news in any case, even if the release date is right/wrong. Death Note just finished up with it's last volume so gotta get that next project out...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Confirmed:
http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=592325
So maybe it will be the new manga in the magazine.

Along with Gun Blaze West: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=613854
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so there we go. Based on the release date of the first volume, that definitely gives it enough time to serialize enough in the magazine starting in the November issue.

I didn't know what Gun Blaze West was, but now I see it's by Nobuhiro Watsuki...

We'll see how things turn out...
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
If it's going to serialized in the magazine, I guess that's more incentive for me to renew my subscription. I've really been looking forward to this manga, what with the anime now to be released in America.
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
This is a possibility. But there's also the weird stretch from october 07 for vol. 21 to march 08 for vol. 22 in the bleach series, so there's another possibility...

And to be a little off-topic, I never understood why they did Sandland, but never went to Cowa! or Kajika...Especially with DBZ now over.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quote
Blue Dragon RalΩGrado gets canceled.
Analysis of the reason its failure (Japanese): http://d.hatena.ne.jp/otokinoki/20070705/1183638174

What a nice timing, right at when Takeshi Obata is about to visit Taiwan in August and announce the tankobon release of RalΩGrado. Guess I'll have plenty questions to ask him now.

EDIT: the subject line became hidden after merging, so I changed the text a little bit to reflect what I wanted to say.

Last edited by dormcat on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised. It's been at the bottom of the Jump rankings for the longest time, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it since it began. The art looks cool, but I hear that's all it has going for it.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
This is a possibility. But there's also the weird stretch from october 07 for vol. 21 to march 08 for vol. 22 in the bleach series, so there's another possibility...

Hush! We must not speak of it! I'm still holding out hope that that's just a horrible mistake that will be corrected. We'll get 22 in December. Cause I SAID SO.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Way to cash in on a manga that isn't good at all, because of the artist! ;D

I will still probably pick up BD just, because I admore Obata-sama.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Not surprised. It's been at the bottom of the Jump rankings for the longest time, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it since it began. The art looks cool, but I hear that's all it has going for it.

I just learned from some indirect sources that questions regarding the cancellation might be forbidden at the press conference. Rolling Eyes
LightYagami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
population_tire wrote:

Hush! We must not speak of it! I'm still holding out hope that that's just a horrible mistake that will be corrected. We'll get 22 in December. Cause I SAID SO.

I think this might be due in part that the US is finally catching up to Bleach in Japan. Right now there is enough material for about 32 volumes but only 20 some odd of those have been compiled into volumes. Also Amazon.com has listed Bleach Volume 22 for a March 8th release. So in a nut shell were going to be approaching a Dark Horse Hellsing Scenario in which we'll be waiting a very long time between volumes but hopefully not as an extreme length such as Hellsing Volume 7 to Hellsing Volume 8.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2