• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
movie not listed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mihoshidragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:33 am Reply with quote
Three are three Lord of the Rings movies+a Hobit movie that was made long befor the movies came out.Im 95% sure its Anime.theirs also a Zelda anime that I didn't see in the Encyclopedia.I wish i had likes but Im not aload to go look up Anime any more.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:51 am Reply with quote
Please try to post new topics in the appropriate forums, everything related to the encyclopedia should be in this forum.

If you find anything missing from the encyclopedia please feel free to submit it here: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/addinfo.php?infotype_id=1&language=EN

As far as I know however, there are no Lord of the Rings or Hobbit anime. As far as I know there has only ever been three commerically released Lord of the Rings animations.

The 1978 Lord of the Rings movie by Ralph Bakshi (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077869/) covered the first two books.

One year earlier The Hobbit (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0077687/) was animated by Arthur Rankin (USA), I am not aware of any other Hobbit animation.

Arthur Rankin also produced The Return of the King (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079802/) in 1980, as a follow up to Bakshi's incomplete attempt.

None of these are anime.

As far as I know, there never was a Legend of Zelda anime, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:54 am Reply with quote
mihoshidragon wrote:
Three are three Lord of the Rings movies+a Hobit movie that was made long befor the movies came out.Im 95% sure its Anime.theirs also a Zelda anime that I didn't see in the Encyclopedia.I wish i had likes but Im not aload to go look up Anime any more.

Lord of the Rings was produced by Rankin-Bass. Some of their employees went on to later work in Studio Ghibli, but the productions under R-B were most certainly not anime.

There is no Zelda anime, as far as I'm aware. There is a LoZ cartoon that aired on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, but that was domestically produced as well.

Captain N, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario World, and such were all domestic animation projects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1