• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone know when BLOOD + will be on DVD???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arturia

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote
Wondering because some of the other animes that came on tv were on dvd at the same time. I hope its soon.
Key

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote
If a release date has been announced for the DVDs, it will likely be in the Encyclopedia entry for the series. (Granted, the release dates listed there aren't always accurate, but our staff is normally very good about entering them in promptly when they are known.) Since one isn't listed as I write this, it's safe to assume it hasn't been announced yet.

And it's pretty typical for series airing on CN or [as] to be broadcast for a couple of months or more before the DVDs start coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arturia

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
thanks for the quick reply!
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote
Well given that it's licensed by Sony, they'll probably release a single volume sometime soon and then it'll disappear forever. Rolling Eyes
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:
Well given that it's licensed by Sony, they'll probably release a single volume sometime soon and then it'll disappear forever. Rolling Eyes

No Sony does two releases Rolling Eyes and then disappears a la Cyborg 009, which I am still pissed about. After checking Sony's Official site I didn't find anything concerning release date but I assume it's going to be a month or so after the first episode aired. There were some pretty cool backgrounds and screen savers available so I check those out if your interested.
Arturia

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quote
well 8 episodes have been aireds so its been about 2 months........ anxiously waiting fingers crossed!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope they will release it on Blu-Ray. I believe Sony released the original Blood on Blu-Ray in Japan. It seems especially typical for CN to pass up the DVD release for longer works like Eureka 7 and Fullmetal, but occasionally they will jump the gun on the shorter series too. I find it a little annoying in regards to keeping the discussions in sync on this site since I missed those big threads when they were hot since I want to avoid spoilers. I suppose this will be the same for Blood+ which I will most likely discuss after the last R1 volume is released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1