• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why does Kikyo still hate Inuyasha?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazahani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I really dont get why she dont just chill out. i mean in todays ep he saved her from that soulcatcher, and he swore to protect her from Naraku, and then she threatened him with a knife. I dont get it. They both know that it was Naraku who tricked them on that day, so they shouldnt hate each other anymore. why is she still so hostile? i dunno, maybe i just missed the ep where they explained all this.....
Anlushac11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote
Cool Just my .02cents

spoiler[ Kikkyo isnt Kikkyo. The Kikkyo in tonights episode is similar to what western culture would call a Golem. It was created when someone tried to ressurect Kikkyo but it didn't work right because the needed soul of Kikkyo is trapped in Kagome. Kagome is the reincarnation of Kikkyos soul. The Kikkyo that exists does not have her soul therefore she cannot love. Or the part of Kikkyos soul that loves Inuyasha is trapped in Kagome. I think Kikkyo wants to destroy Naraku because he is responsible for her being ressurected and wants to punish him for causing her so much pain.]
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:34 am Reply with quote
Hmm...perhaps another reason is spoiler[that Kikyo is upset that Inuyasha has "changed" due to being with Kagome. I thought she mentioned earlier that it was her job to be with Inuyasha through that change and not Kagome's job. So I guess she feels like he betrayed her love again. So now she's just betraying everyone's love.. ] That probably didn't need a spoiler tag, but oh well.
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:41 am Reply with quote
I would say more that it is character modeling based on Ranma that is the issue.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:35 am Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
I would say more that it is character modeling based on Ranma that is the issue.

Hmm...explain, since I have only seen seasons 1 & 2 of Ranma and only read up to vol. 14 of the manga....
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:49 am Reply with quote
eh, never-mind, misread the characters, Kagome is very much an extended Akane, while Inu Yasha and Ranma are the same personality. They have their issues due to pride and emotional baggage.
Kikiyo has the problem of no soul and of her profound sense of loss. She just can't help being a hater of life and those she left. It's a come enough theme.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:40 am Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
eh, never-mind, misread the characters, Kagome is very much an extended Akane, while Inu Yasha and Ranma are the same personality. They have their issues due to pride and emotional baggage.

Yes, yes. There is a definite parallel between the two. I think Inuyasha, as a whole, is much better done than Ranma, though.

Kikyo has some major grudge issues... Smile
Shorty22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't think this needs a spoiler tag, as it's just from the episodes I've seen on TV, but just in case; spoiler[When Kikyo was created and Kagome called the soul back, the old hag said that all that kept Kikyo moving was her hatred for Inuyasha. So her hatred is deep within the clay despite the other souls she's taken.]

Perhaps that is the basis of it and other things just fueled it from there, such as lianncoop's suggestion and spoiler[Inuyasha's desire to live at the moment, even though she wants him to die with her since he gave his heart to her 50 years ago.]
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have a "girly moment" and gush about last night's episode. It was super cute and sweet! I hope that Inuyasha realizes that Kikyo is so not worth it. Kikyo can just keep her anger and hatred and have that as her companion for eternity. Smile
Anyway, of course Inuyasha will never choose Kikyo, that's not how fairy tales go...
vash94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:44 pm Reply with quote
for the love of god folks it's simple the only thing keeping kikyo alive is her hatred for Inuyasha if she fell in love with him again than she would die. Which would be good than Kagome would be Inuyahsa's main interest of love
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Yes, she hates Inuyasha...spoiler[it's obvious why she would try and kill him, but why would she try and kill Inuyasha last night, when she's trying to get rid of Naraku too. Would she die if Inuyasha died? Because if she died if Inuyasha died, she wouldn't be alive to kill Naraku.]Or does any sort of hatred keep her alive?
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Kikyo is nothing but an evil b***h! Laughing

Kikyo sometimes helps Kagome. spoiler[Kikyo gives an arrow that has Onigumo's dirt to Kagome (actually she gives it to Inuyasha so he can hand it to Kagome), so Kagome can shoot it to Naraku when they go back to the Youkai graveyard. Kagome does shoot the arrow to Naraku and the arrow sliced him to alot of pieces, but Hakudoshi saves Naraku.]

Nyah, Nyah! If you want to read the current chapter of Inuyasha go to http://web3162.servers.instant-web.co.uk/Inuyasha/

[EDIT: Spoilers + Color Tags are bad. Do not use them together. -C]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1