• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seeking title of anime series with angels

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remoteplanet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yes yes - there certainly are a lot of anime series with angels. The one I am seeking is one I saw a few years back. It's a dramatic TV series set in sort of a medieval European setting - really amazing, Miyazaki quality animation about these young angels living in a commune. It's a magical and slow paced series. In an early episode, one of them sprouts wings for the first time and it is extremely painful for her. I recall them visiting the neighbouring village. Not much detail beyond that. I seem to remember it had a really unusual font on the cover, which is probably why I can't remember what it's called. It might have a really weird name.

I sure would appreciate someone pointing out which series this is.

many thanks!!
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this is a search for an anime or a recommendation but the anime is Haibene Renmei and please direct all questions like this to the "General Questions/Identify" sticky thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
A bit nit-picky, I know, but it's Haibane Renmei.

Here's the encyclopedia page:

anime#1871
remoteplanet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow - thanks for the quick reply! Extremely helpful Very Happy

all the best!!
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Next time, please use the "Identifying Anime" thread, this kind of thing is what it's there for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1