• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kujira Tokiwa's The Holy Grail of Eris Light Novels Get Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 6:19 am Reply with quote
Nice i was hoping for an announcement this year.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 6:54 am Reply with quote
A good one.

This is basically a mystery murder, also do not let that cleavage fool you,this is a shoujo/Josei series at heart
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:07 am Reply with quote
YES!!!!

This series has been in my “Top 5 Light Novels I want to see made into an anime” for years and I am so excited to see it finally happening!
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:48 am Reply with quote
I’ve been wanting to read this so of course I’ll check out the anime!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnakeyJones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:30 am Reply with quote
For people who are familiar with the source; is Scarlet a past life of Connie's who's personality has resurfaced (but they share the same body) or is Scarlet's spirit like a separate entity?

Either way it looks like a pretty interesting take on the villainess reincarnation/isekai formula.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:39 am Reply with quote
SnakeyJones wrote:
For people who are familiar with the source; is Scarlet a past life of Connie's who's personality has resurfaced (but they share the same body) or is Scarlet's spirit like a separate entity?

Connie and Scarlet are two completely separate entities.

When Connie gets framed by a mean girl noble, the ghost of Scarlet gets her out of the jam; but in return, Connie has to help Scarlet get her revenge from beyond the grave
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:42 am Reply with quote
SnakeyJones wrote:

Scarlet died when Connie was a child, after a brief, chance encounter.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes yes yes! It's one the best stories that takes the "villainess isekai" trappings, but actually isn't isekai but normal low-magic fantasy and basically creates a villainess/heroine duo that kicks ass and solves crimes. God that's such a great news! I have a feeling people here will like it, especially people who also like villainess stories like Richard Eisenbeis since it is a bit similar to them.

Last edited by a_Bear_in_Bearcave on Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I remember the LN too well, but as I recall it was pretty solid. Certainly a far cry from some of the worst villainess stories out there (and I sure do read a lot 'em....).

I can't be as gung-ho about is as some of y'all, but I'm definitely optimistic about an anime adaptation.
DolFun The Dolphin Vtuber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Saved by a villainous ghost, looks like it could be interesting to watch.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Can't say I remember the LN too well, but as I recall it was pretty solid. Certainly a far cry from some of the worst villainess stories out there (and I sure do read a lot 'em....).

I can't be as gung-ho about is as some of y'all, but I'm definitely optimistic about an anime adaptation.

I've actually only read the manga, though I plan to read the LN as well, and I heard manga was better written than LN in this case (and having Scarlet's faces to go with her dialogue didn't hurt), so maybe that's why I'm more gung-ho about it. Plus, the whole concept is just more interesting than average villainess story. I still generally prefer villainess isekai from most male MC isekai, since female-led ones tend to have less slavery (especially sex slavery), and overpowered cheat skills on average. Here we have no cheat skills, just good old political intrigue and interesting characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1