• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Fable Episodes 1-25 Anime Streaming Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daidan12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
I really wish someone picked it up weekly, but I am happy that you found the charm of the show.
The manga is many times better and in only one major instance I was really disappointed with the limited animation the show uses (a wonderful spread of Sato "teleporting" on Hina's rescue storyline).
The VA's were perfect and they show managed to capture the feel of the manga and sometimes enhance it (Yoko's dates are superior in the anime thanks to Sawashiro's masterful performance).

Small correction but The Fable - Second Contact is already finished, not ongoing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:46 am Reply with quote
I'm not a stickler for animation most of the time, at least until the wheels are really falling off, or degenerates to putting speed lines on stills of inanimate objects, so overall I liked the art style. This was one of my favorites of the last two seasons, and it's a shame so many people passed on it, if they even knew it existed.

I disagree that Yoko's kink was humiliating her targets. She got pretty drunk along with them, and you know how everything is funny when you're drunk. And they're too drunk to really be humiliated (they don't see her laughing at them and are focused on staying upright and conscious). So for her, it's not them being humiliated that she enjoys, but rather she thinks they're at their cutest, the way people enjoy watching awkward kittens and puppies blunder about. The only possibly mean-spirited aspect to it is that she also enjoys maneuvering them into getting so drunk in the first place, because that's a battle of wits and endurance. When they're staggering around, it means she won. And the guys she goes after aren't exactly poor innocents. They think they're getting her drunk enough to sleep with them, after all.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:53 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite shows of the year, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something truly original and offbeat (trigger warning for sexual assault, though). Honestly, compared to Under Ninja and other recent Tezuka Productions shows I've seen, I thought the animation was fairly acceptable and consistent. Not every show needs fluid motion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1