• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kalafina Music Trio Reunite for January Anniversary Concert

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YAGOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Since Kalafina's disbandment, all three have at some point collaborated with Kajiura again under Kajiura's FictionJunction music project.

Correction: While KEIKO continued to be part of FictionJunction, and Hikaru started appearing in her lives as a guest vocalist occasionally, recently even filling for Kaori's absence because she's pregnant. Wakana has not been involved with Kajiura at all, in fact, at least publicly, Wakana hadn't been involved with any of them up until now.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:16 am Reply with quote
Kajiura's message sounded very disappointed and sad, honestly. This isn't "Kalafina". It can't be "Kalafina" without Kajiura.
unready

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:28 am Reply with quote
Just a nit: Kajiura isn't a "former composer." She just isn't Kalafina's composer anymore. (I think the agency owns the name.)
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:25 am Reply with quote
unready wrote:
Just a nit: Kajiura isn't a "former composer." She just isn't Kalafina's composer anymore. (I think the agency owns the name.)

In this article, "Trio's founder, former composer" means that Kajiura is the former composer of Kalafina, not a former composer in general.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:30 am Reply with quote
I hope that they return as a group again! Their songs are amazing and so beautiful!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1