• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sonic Generations Game Delisted From Online Stores

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Guess it makes sense with brand new version with more features and content soon to be available.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, not surprising, though still kind of eyerolling. At least I have the original on both Steam and Xbox so I can still play it if the new version winds up being a shoddy port.
Sheenoobuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:44 am Reply with quote
Expected, but more importantly, if it straight up has the entire original game in it then this is just all around good. I for one would be very mad to pick up the original Generations by accident and then learn later that I got the wrong version. That said, this should've been made as and called Generations 2. Even if it was basically an asset flip, which it is, just ad like 10 more levels and make a couple characters playable for all the levels. Probably just any character who cant fly or is too big.
Meexa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Sheenoobuu wrote:
Expected, but more importantly, if it straight up has the entire original game in it then this is just all around good. I for one would be very mad to pick up the original Generations by accident and then learn later that I got the wrong version. That said, this should've been made as and called Generations 2. Even if it was basically an asset flip, which it is, just ad like 10 more levels and make a couple characters playable for all the levels. Probably just any character who cant fly or is too big.

Yeah, I wish steam and game devs would clean that up. I can't tell you how many threads are open for a specific game, with a potential customer asking whether or not if I buy this, does it also come with this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1