• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zoids Anime Teases 25th Anniversary Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecowardlyantoine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I already pre-ordered the 2 Realize Model kits and want to get the Fine Frame Arm Girls figure as well. I'm glad Chaotic Century is getting more love
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but this warms my heart. Zoids: Chaotic Century is a series that I thought I'd have no interest in when it came out...only to watch it and find it's one of the best kept secrets in mecha anime. It is on par with anything Gundam has done, and I say that as a fan of Gundam. Memorable characters, great story, it has it all. It also has the best time skip I've ever seen in anime in terms of the narrative payoff. It deserves more respect. While not the same kind of show, Zoids: New Century Zero is also a very fun follow-up.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe a remake.
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:29 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Maybe a remake.

How crazy would that be? If you picked a series to resurrect like that in a remake, I never would have pictured it'd be this. Does Zoids have that kind of clout in Japan? It's worthy of it, but still... I'm wondering if it'll just be an one-shot OVA or compilation movie of the pre-Guardian Force stuff with new animation.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:31 pm Reply with quote
LightningCount wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Maybe a remake.

How crazy would that be? If you picked a series to resurrect like that in a remake, I never would have pictured it'd be this. Does Zoids have that kind of clout in Japan? It's worthy of it, but still... I'm wondering if it'll just be an one-shot OVA or compilation movie of the pre-Guardian Force stuff with new animation.

It is only my guesses.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I obviously don't know what this is going to be, but I do think people should temper their expectations. Takara Tomy regularly does anniversary teasers for their franchises that don't end in anime revivals. For example, this was for a re-release of the anime and some kits. That said, it would be impressive if they teased another release of the existing anime just a year after doing that. Especially when they're dumping the original onto paid streaming services next month.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Can we get a new video game?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Just nice to see anything new Zoids related.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:26 am Reply with quote
It is amazing how project people instantly think oh cool new anime project

remember the tokyo ghoul expectation only for people to be disappointed?

A lot of anniversary events can range from new merch to stage plays or special podcast events etc it could be a new anime as well but it is not a 100% garuntee

point is dont get your hopes up. if it is than you will be happy if not than you wont be filled with dissapointment.
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:36 am Reply with quote
Ahh really brings me back to my childhood the mention of Chaotic Century and New Century. Even though the main character pilots never excelled outside of their cheat symbiote unit, they did remain both fun and involved stories. Also loved the old gamecube zoids game that let you pilot the zoids in a similar style to mechwarrior (as opposed to the more fps or rpg systems of other games).

I wonder if they would rerelease the original chaotic century or strike out for more marketing gold by doing a sequel. Since the series kind of went downhill in the search for more money. Of course, as mentioned, this could just be anniversary merch.
Davy Sprocket

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:32 am Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I wonder if they would rerelease the original chaotic century or strike out for more marketing gold by doing a sequel. Since the series kind of went downhill in the search for more money. Of course, as mentioned, this could just be anniversary merch.

They started uploading Chaotic Century episodes on YouTube last year on their T Spark channel along with other shows like Beast Wars II but they seemed random and not in order sadly and I think they take them down after awhile.
The American Average

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:58 pm Reply with quote
This series was my first anime I watched as a kid. Might be outing my Age but loved this show. I’m personally hoping for a movie, something like that Yugioh movie with Yugi vs Kaiba a couple years ago. Just a stand alone movie with a simple but fun plot with fan service to please the old fans like me.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for the next set of news
DolFun The Dolphin Vtuber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Chaotic Century/Guardian Force still the best version of Zoids anime for me.

Death Saurer theme still epic to this day.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Shinseiki/Zero 25th anniversary is in 2026. Depending on what this will be will be the bar for what S/Z will get.

The American Average wrote:
something like that Yugioh movie with Yugi vs Kaiba a couple years ago.

What year are you from? That movie does not exist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1