• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Reveals 12 New Print Manga, 2 Digital Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Title: The Dashing Zaddy and His Icy Protégé

What in the world is a Zaddy. I must be out of touch since it's apparently so well known a term it would be used as an official localised name.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Barring the re-releases, of course the only announcement I'm interested immediately is a digital only release. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Swiftnissity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:01 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
Quote:

What in the world is a Zaddy. I must be out of touch since it's apparently so well known a term it would be used as an official localised name.

Zaddy is modern slang for an older, attractive, fashionable guy with swag.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Eromanga Sensei?! Very Happy
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Swiftnissity wrote:
harminia wrote:
Quote:

This is the first time that I’ve seen it, too.

What word is being mixed with daddy? I’m wondering about the derivation. Before your post, I was thinking “Zoom daddy”? “Gen Z daddy”?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:42 am Reply with quote
There are some seriously promising-sounding titles!
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:30 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Swiftnissity wrote:
harminia wrote:
Quote:

This is the first time that I’ve seen it, too.

What word is being mixed with daddy? I’m wondering about the derivation. Before your post, I was thinking “Zoom daddy”? “Gen Z daddy”?

According to what I've researched, it originates from the Ty Dolla Sign song of the same name. According to Wiktionary:

Quote:
The origin of the z- is unclear; it may represent the idea of being "the ultimate daddy" as z is the last letter of the alphabet, or it may have been formed by assibilation of the /d/ phoneme preceding /æ/ in the first syllable noted in Hispanic populations of New York and Miami, the latter being the origin of the girl subject of Ty's song.
sarusa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kota is a college student, and an Alpha. Still, he dreads bumping into his neighbor, a super-intimidating hunk with big, black tattoos. He always assumed this mystery man was an Alpha, too, and avoided him like the plague...until, one day, a scent wafts in so powerful it puts even the dull-headed Kota in a daze. It's the scent of Omega pheromones, from next door! He assumes his neighbor's brought an Omega home, but when he tries to leave, what should he find but the source of the pheromones: his hot neighbor! How will he get out of this situation unscathed, and without his neighbor finding out he's a virgin?!

This is by far the stupidest chunk of text I've read this entire week, and there is a lot of competition. I can just feel my brain cells dying every time I re-read it.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Usually I’m lucky to have a single title to interest me in these announcements. But, wow, there are six this time that are really intriguing. How exciting! Something to look forward to next spring Smile

Last edited by NeedMoreCats on Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
kurichan69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:01 pm Reply with quote
sarusa wrote:
Quote:
Kota is a college student, and an Alpha. Still, he dreads bumping into his neighbor, a super-intimidating hunk with big, black tattoos. He always assumed this mystery man was an Alpha, too, and avoided him like the plague...until, one day, a scent wafts in so powerful it puts even the dull-headed Kota in a daze. It's the scent of Omega pheromones, from next door! He assumes his neighbor's brought an Omega home, but when he tries to leave, what should he find but the source of the pheromones: his hot neighbor! How will he get out of this situation unscathed, and without his neighbor finding out he's a virgin?!

This is by far the stupidest chunk of text I've read this entire week, and there is a lot of competition. I can just feel my brain cells dying every time I re-read it.

I've read your comment like 10 times and I'm still laughing at it. Because it's so acurate.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they didn't already have Dead Rock.

Also, Tokyo Tarareba Girls!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1