• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I'm a Behemoth Anime Reveals More Cast, Main Staff, 2025 Debut in Teaser Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swiftnissity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:25 am Reply with quote
Interesting this one's getting an anime. The author had some controversy a few years back after they insulted the illustrator of one of their other works.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-25/light-novel-about-sex-slave-cancelled-after-author-heated-tweets-against-illustrator/.143852

DashxBunko (Shueisha) cancelled the manga and LN they had from the author while Micro Magazine quietly removed the light novel for Behemoth. Yen Press seems to have lost the novel license soon after (digitals aren't for sale anymore, nor is the novel on the website).

Guess the manga publisher is okay with the authors comments?
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:49 am Reply with quote
Swiftnissity wrote:
Interesting this one's getting an anime. The author had some controversy a few years back after they insulted the illustrator of one of their other works.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-25/light-novel-about-sex-slave-cancelled-after-author-heated-tweets-against-illustrator/.143852

DashxBunko (Shueisha) cancelled the manga and LN they had from the author while Micro Magazine quietly removed the light novel for Behemoth. Yen Press seems to have lost the novel license soon after (digitals aren't for sale anymore, nor is the novel on the website).

I’m surprised this one is getting an anime adaptation myself. I haven’t read this (it looks like trash to me) but I wouldn’t want to either after seeing how the author’s previous story involved a pedophile.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:26 am Reply with quote
Swiftnissity wrote:

The manga is under Hakusensha, it was never cancelled. It's still ongoing at 11 volumes in Japan and storywise far beyond the official light novel publication(which stopped at two volumes), and Yen Press here in the West is still publishing it, volume 10 will come out in October.

SinisterOracle wrote:
I’m surprised this one is getting an anime adaptation myself. I haven’t read this (it looks like trash to me) but I wouldn’t want to either after seeing how the author’s previous story involved a pedophile.

I on the other hand don't judge stories based on preconceived notions nor an author's previous works. Does it make sense in the context of the plot?
As for this work, there's the promise of future bestiality, but otherwise overall quite tame as far as your average isekais are used as measuring sticks...
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:36 am Reply with quote
Well, just looking at the designs one can see what the series has to offer.

I appreciate the honesty.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
Man, the premise for this sounds so cute... but seeing those designs....

BLECK Anime dazed
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! Incoming peak for sure!
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I swear I'm going to die laughing during most of this when it airs
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Cat and hot fantasy waifu's? I can see the appeal.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:17 am Reply with quote
What a teaser video indeed. The elf is clearly best girl. That is one lucky cat. You better Cattobingu Ore.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:00 am Reply with quote
Got to the 7th volume of the manga and dropped it. The whole premise was interesting in the beginning, but it was the same thing over and over and bored the heck out of me and I love a good ecchi series....maybe the anime will be an improvement...not holding my breathe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1