• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Reveals English Dubs for Chained Soldier, My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered, Leve

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:20 am Reply with quote
hope they will brings these shows to EU, because i can right not legally watch any of Hidives show, but with the announcement of Oshi No Ko getting released on Hulu, they might be a chance that Disney+ over here get's them
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:22 am Reply with quote
They’re dubbing Chained Soldier now? I mean I’m glad, but I guess it’s for the inevitable Hulu addition, because no way in hell does that get on Toonami.
Farafra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:24 am Reply with quote
I'd appreciate the dub for Level 1 Demon Lord more if it didn't take them an entire f#$cking year to get to it. Here's hoping they don't drag their heels this much for Plus-Sized Elf.
TiagoCosta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:38 am Reply with quote
Sentai decided to dub almost everything they touch.

Summer '23, 5/6 dubbed (only SpyRoom 2nd season wasn't, which we know didn't do well on streaming as they even dropped Spanish subs for it after having Spanish and Portuguese for S1)
Fall '23, 4/4 dubbed
Winter '24, now up to 3/5
They are yet to start on Spring '24, but they only got 2 simulcasts

With the current pace of 5 dubs on going per season, and not many simulcasts, they are catching up fast.
Akane Mizuno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:56 am Reply with quote
I was hoping we would get a dub announcement for Urusei Yatsura Season 2. It's finished now and they haven't even given us any announcement
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
I hope we get an English dub release for Gushing Over Magical Girls.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:36 am Reply with quote
I am very happy that Chained Soldier is getting dubbed in English.

chrisc1978 wrote:

I also want a dub for that one. But since Qwaser of Stigmata, Redo of Healer and Immoral Guild (the most lewd titles, along Gushing Over Magical Girls, in Sentai's catalog) did not get dubs I doubt Gushing is getting one.

And Akane Mizuno, the dub for UY season is probably coming around September.
Erulogos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:40 am Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:

The cast for that one wouldn't be huge, but I'm honestly drawing a blank as to who could do Magia Baiser and her many sides justice vocally, even thinking outside of talent Sentai usually works with. Someone who can convincingly go from shy and self conscious, to over-excited and kinda delirious, to full bore pervert, with occasional dashes of uber domme energy, is a rather rare talent. I guess we could hope for them to pull off the same magic trick the JP audio did and find a previously unknown talent who knocks it out of the park.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:22 pm Reply with quote
And still nothing for Tokyo Mew Mew…
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:

chrisc1978 wrote:

I also want a dub for that one. But since Qwaser of Stigmata, Redo of Healer and Immoral Guild (the most lewd titles, along Gushing Over Magical Girls, in Sentai's catalog) did not get dubs I doubt Gushing is getting one.

Gushing Over Magical Girls actually isn't that lewd compared to most fan service animes.
MMOSimca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:17 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

chrisc1978 wrote:

Gushing Over Magical Girls actually isn't that lewd compared to most fan service animes.

Isn't really that lewd? I mean... there's a lesbian sex scene that's barely censored.

I was watching a YouTube review of it the other day, and the reviewer called it "a hentai that's somehow on TV with a really catchy and gorgeously animated opening". I realized it was pretty hard to argue otherwise.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:53 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

Exactly why I'm replying to this...ugh, seriously Sentai/HiDive, thanks for disappointing TMM fans by bringing up that twitter poll asking fans in general if they wanted a dub for TMM New. Majority voted yes, but Sentai/HiDive never went anywhere it it. Honestly, it just feels really soul-crushing and draining to be a TMM fan stateside.

As for GoMG getting a dub? I can see it possibly happening eventually, but they would have to make it work with the right voice cast. Also, IIRC, isn't GoMG's anime version more lewder than the manga? (Basically how Interspecies Reviewers' anime version is more lewder than the manga version, as an example.)
Nipasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:58 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

Exactly why I'm replying to this...ugh, seriously Sentai/HiDive, thanks for disappointing TMM fans by bringing up that twitter poll asking fans in general if they wanted a dub for TMM New. Majority voted yes, but Sentai/HiDive never went anywhere it it. Honestly, it just feels really soul-crushing and draining to be a TMM fan stateside.

+1 on this.

We FINALLY had a chance at an uncut TMM dub.....and it never happened.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:19 pm Reply with quote
No surprise they're dubbing Chained Soldier but I'm happy they're dubbing Instant Death Ability and Level 1 Demon Lord because I felt those titles were surprisingly enjoyable/underrated.

I'm guessing they'll finish the Urusei Yatsura remake dub next season.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Chained Soldier and Level 1 Demon Lord were two titles that were on my "Should I finally go ahead and start viewing these subbed or are they going to get a dub?" list. As such, I'm glad to see them here. Now I'll just have to wait for the dub to finish since I normally only do week-to-week for simulcasts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2