• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who was better at handling anime for Saturday Morning: Fox Kids or Kids WB?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Saturday Morning cartoon block was better at handling anime?
Fox Kids
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Kids WB
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

mgree0032

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:44 am Reply with quote
Fox Kids and Kids WB were rivals during the mid 90s to early 2000s. These two blocks were influential to the Saturday Morning Cartoon history. They also showed anime during their time. Fox Kids had Digimon, Escaflowne, Mon Con Knights, and Shinzo and they had a block called “Anime Invasion”. Kids WB had Pokemon, Yugioh, and Cardcaptor Sakura. With that said, which Saturday morning cartoon block was better at handling anime: Fox Kids or Kids WB?
Flash33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:09 am Reply with quote
Of these two I'd say Fox Kids as at least in my area it was available more often than WB. That said aside from Digimon: Digital Monsters I didn't watch anime there. For me anime was aired on Cartoon Network (Pokemon, Yugioh, Beyblade, Toonami, Miguzi) and Jetix (Daigunder, Shinzo, Mon-Colle Knights, Digimon).
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:24 am Reply with quote
I'd say neither and lean more toward Toonami since that had more titles that got me into my fandom at the time. Plus, the folks at Cartoon Network seemed to have a more genuine interest in trying to get anime more exposure to fans whereas the Fox Kids and Kids WB blocks largely aired them more for merchandising reasons in which they had their titles where this worked (Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh for Kids WB, Digimon for Fox Kids) and others they experimented with that didn't get as much buzz as their major moneymakers.

But I guess if I had to choose between them, probably a slight nod for Kids WB since they had more stuff that got my attention for watching anime with Cardcaptors, Yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon. Only thing from Fox Kids that got my interest at the time was Digimon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1