• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Palette's 9-nine- Bishōjo Game Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:57 am Reply with quote
Anime adaptations of visual novels used to be a thing. How time's changed.
09jcg

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:09 am Reply with quote
This is actually a really good visual novel that has a plot that could work really well for a TV anime. I hope they do it justice. I do wonder how they'll handle the spoiler[brother/sister incest!< It's probably the best romance in the VN, but might be too much for TV.]
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:34 am Reply with quote
I would have prefer a SakuSaku anime but it's still a good news as we don't have much of such adaptation recently. I just hope that Izumi Tsubasu awesome design will be more recognizable than Akane-Iro and Mashiro-Iro's anime, i don't have much hope in this regard for Summer Pockets.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:54 am Reply with quote
Are the back to 2000s? A bunch of VN adaptations came out recently or got announced. Not that I complain.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:16 am Reply with quote
It's funny i can't even recall the last visual novel was made into an anime adaptation.

They used to dominate so much of the anime scene back in the day especially in the 00s era now they had practically gone extinct. Anime hyper
Wangen

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:17 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Are the back to 2000s? A bunch of VN adaptations came out recently or got announced. Not that I complain.
I mean, that is exactly what is happening nowadays; things from the late 90s / 2000s are getting remakes, reboots, sequels, etc...
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:30 am Reply with quote
One of Palette's other visual novels which already got an adaptation some years ago, Mashiro-iro Symphony, got an English release by Shiravune just this month, along with its fandisc.

09jcg wrote:
I do wonder how they'll handle the spoiler[brother/sister incest!< It's probably the best romance in the VN, but might be too much for TV.]

Hope they do it justice. And there's already a few precedents to show that anime doesn't necessarily shy away from it, like spoiler[Yosuga no Sora]. There's a lot more on the visual novel front, and in manga(spoiler[and I don't mean hentai]) that features spoiler[blood-related incest] if you know to search, unfortunately a dearth of that gets licensed officially in English...
lucio542

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:58 am Reply with quote
I would really love If the era of VNs adaptations returns.
Some friends of mine praises this VN, i hope they do atleast a decent adaptation.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
I played the novel, it is very good!! Hope that anime will also be amazing! Also hope that they adapt all the routes and endings in the series!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:57 am Reply with quote
Kind of surreal to see an anime adaption for a Visual Novel announced in this day and age. I hope it does well and delivers on some romance!
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Love seeing more and more eroge getting picked up to be adapted to TV anime again... Hope it's a trend that continues.
I've been dreaming of the renaissance of VN and eroge based anime for many years now.

I love light novels too, but I think the industry has really milked that industry quite a bit at this point, so it's good to dial back a bit and make room for adaptations of stories from other mediums like this.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:51 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Kind of surreal to see an anime adaption for a Visual Novel announced in this day and age. I hope it does well and delivers on some romance!

Anime adaptations of VNs DO still happen from time to time even until recently. A great majority of them, though, retain the adult part Wink
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 12:24 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
It's funny i can't even recall the last visual novel was made into an anime adaptation.

They used to dominate so much of the anime scene back in the day especially in the 00s era now they had practically gone extinct. Anime hyper
As far as I can tell, the last VN to get a first-time standard TV anime adaptation was Nekopara, from the Winter 2020 season. Though we have had some sequel or remake adaptations from Higurashi, Muv-Luv, and Utawarerumono since then.

Prior to those, 2017 was the last year to have a significant number of VN-based TV anime, as 2018 just had Steins;Gate Zero and Island, and 2019's only offering was YU-NO. Even out of those, Island was the only to have a "first-time" adaptation, as YU-NO had an ero-OVA back in the 90s.
Jenog

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 3:25 am Reply with quote
I seem to remember reading on this site that they are currently producing an anime based on the visual novel “ATRI -My Dear Moments”.
I've read that visual novel and it is interesting.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 4:18 am Reply with quote
Hey, it's from Palette!

I've actually heard good things about this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2