• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Koei Tecmo Reveals Dynasty Warriors: Origins Game for 2025

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Dynasty Warriors is back!
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 9:19 am Reply with quote
I've long held the belief that Dynasty Warriors 9 had the potential to be something really special/fun but Koei failed to focus on/implement a few key game features to make everything synergise really well. You wind up with this uneven amalgamation of a game that proudly announces it has added siege battling, yet gives you every manner of tool and power to avoid having to participate. Map-spanning quests for gathering allies, but in the end no formal reason to actually rely on them in combat. Open-map survival elements but because the resources for one character are weirdly shared with all other characters, no reason to collect anything more than your initial pick out of a cast of 20+ characters.

I immediately notice the battlefield in Origins is what it should have looked like in DW9. I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this, but as someone that cant run Dragon's Dogma 2 at all, I have the sinking feeling that there's no way I'm going to be able to play this for several years after launch due to technical specs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1