• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Do-Over Damsel Conquers the Dragon Emperor TV Anime Reveals Main Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yen Press is releasing the manga in English with the title The Second-Chance Noble Daughter Sets Out to Conquer the Dragon Emperor.

Yen Press aren't releasing the manga with that title. They are using the same title as Cross Infinite World. https://yenpress.com/series/the-do-over-damsel-conquers-the-dragon-emperor
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, here comes the drama. Mentally the MC is 18 but physically she's 12 and the adult male lead is head over heels for her. There's plot reasons for that, but it'll make a lot of people uncomfortable all the same.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:19 am Reply with quote
I hope JC Staff delivers on this one! They've had a good track record with Shojo stuff lately.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:08 am Reply with quote
Aside from the age thing, how is this substantially different from something like 7th Time Loop? Is it more light-hearted (a la Tearmoon Empire)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Aside from the age thing, how is this substantially different from something like 7th Time Loop? Is it more light-hearted (a la Tearmoon Empire)?

That's kind of a complicated question. There plenty of silliness but also seriousness. There's a cute dragon god/pet thing, but the male MC might become an omnicidal maniac in the future. There's also stuff like spoiler[a yandere goddess who possesses girls above a certain age to force the male MC into being her lover] and spoiler[the girl MC's past life fiancee has sex with his sister.] Last I remember reading spoiler[They live in hiding because male MC's family wants to kill him and take over the empire.]

But then you have a scene where the girl picks up a giant boat and casually chucks it away.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Key wrote:

That's kind of a complicated question. There plenty of silliness but also seriousness. There's a cute dragon god/pet thing, but the male MC might become an omnicidal maniac in the future. There's also stuff like spoiler[a yandere goddess who possesses girls above a certain age to force the male MC into being her lover] and spoiler[the girl MC's past life fiancee has sex with his sister.] Last I remember reading spoiler[They live in hiding because male MC's family wants to kill him and take over the empire.]

But then you have a scene where the girl picks up a giant boat and casually chucks it away.

Dang, this makes I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss seem absolutely tame!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1