• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Reveals Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Remaster Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:25 pm Reply with quote
The feels for this remaster because SuzuKen and Maaya had a baby together in April, now they're back as Zack and Aerith so their interactions have much more weight to it.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh joy, Crisis Core and Genesis... Square Enix really doesn't know when is a perfectly good time to leave your bad ideas buried in the past and not reincorporate them all over again into your clean slate.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Are they using the remake VA's? Is this Crisis Core in the context of the Remake continuity?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:12 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Is this Crisis Core in the context of the Remake continuity?

Nomura stated everything is interconnected.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:13 am Reply with quote
The Remake's Ultimanias and the game itself already referenced Genesis' existence, so he was never really off the table. For me, it's a bit more of a problem that people's first experience with him will be CC's original story. Like, it's the difference between how new fans experienced Dirge content versus how those of us who played the PS2 game did.

MFrontier wrote:
Are they using the remake VA's? Is this Crisis Core in the context of the Remake continuity?

They seem to be using the Remake cast plus maybe some new people. Lazard sounds different to me but Genesis sounds about the same. It's also a remaster, so I would expect it to, at most, have maybe a bonus extra scene tying it to Remake. Crisis Core's ending still has implications for the Remake's continuity regardless, even if it's just something people can compare to.
BrosefAmelion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:44 am Reply with quote
I'm ready to cry again.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am Reply with quote
Finally the game is no longer stuck on the PSP, now it can be enjoyed by players on multiple consoles. There's plenty of people that believe the Swith version will be cloud based, if that were the case it'd have been confirmed by now by Nintendo or SE, we're talking about a remaster of a PSP game, I know this version looks like it received a major visual upgrade but the Switch received some impressive ports like Doom Eternal and The Witcher III, I believe this game will run decently, ovbiously not at 60 FPS and with less detailed visuals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1