• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Delicious Party Pretty Cure (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:59 pm Reply with quote

Delicious Party Pretty Cure (TV)

Genres: magic
Themes: cooking, shoujo

Plot Summary: The kingdom of CooKingdom is a place responsible to all the cuisine in multiple world. However the kingdom's precious treasure, the Recipe-Bons are stolen by a bunch of phantom thieves named the "Phantom Bundle Gang" whose aim is to monopolize every cooking of the world for themselves by capturing the Cooking Fairy ReciPipi. As a result, three Energy Fairies from the kingdom were sent to the human world in the town of Oishiina Town, who one of them met a 13-year-old Yui Nagomi and her friends, Kokone Fuwa and Ran Hanamichi to become Pretty Cures in order to bring the Recipe-bons back where they belong. (from Wikipedia)

Feb. 5, 2022 at 5:30 PST (Saturdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Alright, my second Pretty Cure anime, which is now food themed. Might be a good idea to watch after eating. I enjoyed the first episode, although I was low key afraid that the heroine that is really into food would eat one of the fairies that resemble her favourite dish.

I was going to say interesting comparison to Tropical Rouge to have a prominent male character, since I don't think there was really any other than a couple of the villains. Yet in regards to masculinity Rosemary is pretty fabulous, that outside of their more masculine voice and body shape, they have a number of feminine traits that overall give a sort of androgynous character overall. Feminine name, earrings, heels, interested in their beauty, and I think that I caught them being referred to as -chan.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:15 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I was going to say interesting comparison to Tropical Rouge to have a prominent male character, since I don't think there was really any other than a couple of the villains. Yet in regards to masculinity Rosemary is pretty fabulous, that outside of their more masculine voice and body shape, they have a number of feminine traits that overall give a sort of androgynous character overall. Feminine name, earrings, heels, interested in their beauty, and I think that I caught them being referred to as -chan.

I agree, Rosemary is awesome!

I love Yui already, and I can't wait to learn more about the lore here. Seems like the recipe fairies are the embodiment of the food's taste, or maybe even the feelings that went into making it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Link to teaser for the tie-in film!

This has me very excited and hopeful the main series will be back soon!

Last edited by Saeryen on Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:01 pm Reply with quote

English language logo! <3 <3
(via Funimation)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen it in the last couple of weeks. Has it's release been impacted by the earthquake?
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:59 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I haven't seen it in the last couple of weeks. Has it's release been impacted by the earthquake?

Toei got hacked so it's delayed until at least April. But I don't think the delay will last too long.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:36 pm Reply with quote
The midseason Cure has officially been announced!
English-language tweet about the announcement + official art
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1