• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Manga & Books Licenses Final Fantasy VII Remake: Traces of Two Pasts Novel, Yo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlueSavant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably pick up the Nier manga. I recently finished Replicant and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so I'd be happy to explore more Nier stuff.

I hope Square Enix will consider reprinting Nabari no Ou someday. I've recently fallen in love with Yuhki Kamatani's other works and am having a hard time sourcing some volumes of the Yen Press edition of Nabari. It doesn't seem to be available digitally anymore, either.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool to see they'll be releasing those novels for fans of the game.

That sounds like a cute romance manga.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:13 pm Reply with quote
The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses looks like a really cute story and I like the artwork designs. I'll be looking out for it.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hmm a Nier manga that takes place in Hawai'i. I wonder if they're going to get the geography right provided it doesn't take too far in the future (since Pearl Harbor is mentioned it can't be 100,000 years or something since it that part of the island would be under water due to natural erosion). As a person who lives in Hawai'i and O'ahu specifically I am always intrigued when our place is featured in anything. Also Nier is such a great game series.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:15 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses looks like a really cute story and I like the artwork designs. I'll be looking out for it.

Agree, it's a really sweet romcom.

While Akaza's issues are more of 'forgetting' her glasses continuously, another manga with much the same theme is Yankee-kun to Hakujou Girl(not yet licensed) where a delinquent falls in love with a partially blind girl. Unlike The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses though, that one can be a bit more serious at times, covering topics like discrimination and harassment and the like.
non8noninfinite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:16 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Aliens is not by NAOH, but by NAOE, the author of Aoharu x Machinegun manga and its TV anime adaptation.[/b]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1