• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boys Be... on demand cable

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subforry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Time Warner cable has an on-demand channel Anime Network. They have quite a few series, but this weekend Boys Be episode 1 was listed. Check it out if you are interested.

Time Warner in my area (Los Angeles) lists on-demand Anime Network in the same area as Cartoon Network Adult Swim on-demand.
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
same here in NC I also have Time Warner cable and the section is called Cutting Edge I've seen some good anime that I have bought.

Mary
Vortextk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I have it in Florida too...they really do span the country. I'll probably watch it, but I thought the on demand channels would be better. It'd be nice to actually get this channel though, not just on demand.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm in NY and I have TAN VOD (Anime Network on Demand)
I watched it on Sunday, isn't a Rightstuf property? If it is, could this lead to more anime from Rightstuf being aired (like Karekano and Super GALS!)?
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
I'm in NY and I have TAN VOD (Anime Network on Demand)
I watched it on Sunday, isn't a Rightstuf property? If it is, could this lead to more anime from Rightstuf being aired (like Karekano and Super GALS!)?

Yeah I'm in NYC too, but I think that animenews network OD[within cutting edge OD] is an ADV channel. I think that if not most ,all of the titles in there are from ADV not right stuff, and BTW Super GALS is by ADV. Very Happy kare kano[which im currently watching is from right stuf-just had to share that it's preatty neat, I like it lol] Wink
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
IMO, Boys Be is not that great. Its a cliche ridden, below average shounen romance that tries to be intellectual and introspective, but comes off as corny. And don't get me started on the horribly ugly characters. If you're watching it for free, I could think of worse ways to spend your time. However, if you want a GOOD series, or you're looking to buy, I would suggest waiting for Funi's full release of Suzuka for shounen romance, or Rumbling Hearts (KGnE) for full-on soap opera. These would both beat the pants off Boys Be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1