• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium's Liz to Aoitori Film Reveals Cast, Character Visuals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
I keep disliking these lanky character designs. I assume the characters will still look handsome, but they are a departure from the look of the characters in the two tv series. Hopefully the writing is at least good.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I get an anime movie with my name in the title!! Laughing

Though from the character descriptions and alternate title in German, I'm guessing that the title is referencing the name of a song, and not a character in the movie.

angelmcazares wrote:
I keep disliking these lanky character designs.

I see what you mean, but I think a huge part of the "lanky" look is the full-length skirts. Anime girls always have proportionately long legs (and arms to match), and you don't often see them wearing high-waisted, knee-length skirts, which make them look even longer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
These designs look fine to me. It just looks like the type of style Naoko Yamada would like to work with for this film. Not necessarily bad compared to the TV series, it’s just different. Looking forward to this film regardless.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I hope they will stream these movies on Crunchyroll or something because there's no way I can afford $100 just for a sub only movie.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I hope they will stream these movies on Crunchyroll or something because there's no way I can afford $100 just for a sub only movie.

There might not even be a sub-only release at all.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:28 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
...alternate title in German, I'm guessing....
Such guesswork can be an interesting point of departure. We're guessing those who made the film invited such a journey of exploration -through different languages and modes of expression- prior to the theatrical release of their reinterpretation - Liz und ein blauer Vogel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1