• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Hyouka Film Casts Fujiko Kojima, Amane Okayama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I know live-action adaptations are popular in Japan. I know that this channels more funds to the creators who make the wonderful stories that we all enjoy. I can even hope that this further motivates the original author to write more Hyouka novels, to give more material for a dreamed-for second anime season (hey, I didn't think Hyouka would ever be licensed in North America, and that happened, so I can keep dreaming, right?).

But seeing this live-action version of an anime that I hold in "beloved" status just makes me want to scream "Blasphemy!" and burn it all in unholy fire. And I know that's wrong of me, as I can simply not watch it, which of course I will not watch it. Hopefully there will be plenty of people out there who do indeed enjoy watching it.

It's mere existence bothers me way more than even I think it should. I might be going bonkers.... not sure.
hack5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
I know live-action adaptations are popular in Japan. I know that this channels more funds to the creators who make the wonderful stories that we all enjoy. I can even hope that this further motivates the original author to write more Hyouka novels, to give more material for a dreamed-for second anime season (hey, I didn't think Hyouka would ever be licensed in North America, and that happened, so I can keep dreaming, right?).

But seeing this live-action version of an anime that I hold in "beloved" status just makes me want to scream "Blasphemy!" and burn it all in unholy fire. And I know that's wrong of me, as I can simply not watch it, which of course I will not watch it. Hopefully there will be plenty of people out there who do indeed enjoy watching it.

It's mere existence bothers me way more than even I think it should. I might be going bonkers.... not sure.

I feel the same way for me its like i hate all live action from Japan and beyond lol,what gets to me is the fact that before the show has an anime no one cared then of course an anime adaption comes out gets popular and next thing a director/producer decides to make a live action of it like the material was not there all along like they wait for an anime to be successful then to do adaptation not the other way around.In fact when was the last time a live action get adapted into an anime,its feels so wrong,cant find the words to say it but i just dont watch them period.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1