• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler Anime's Video Reveals Main Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a good line up, I'm pumped for the adaption with how fun the manga is.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Those psychotic faces from that trailer and that casting makes this show look fun to watch. No idea if it'll so hilariously bad that its good (as I like to call it, a "comedy-in-disguise") or something beyond that but regardless I can definitely see myself having a joyride watching this show Laughing
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Man, I gotta catch up on the series. But I keep forgetting where I'm up to so I guess I'll have to restart for the... third? time. Oh well, all good, so I can see everyone's crazy faces again.
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:57 pm Reply with quote
The MAPPA studio is getting a lot of work. This is worrying. But, I will follow this work anyway. I've only read one chapter so far, but I already felt a good vibe.

Arrow
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Those psychotic faces from that trailer and that casting makes this show look fun to watch. No idea if it'll so hilariously bad that its good (as I like to call it, a "comedy-in-disguise") or something beyond that but regardless I can definitely see myself having a joyride watching this show Laughing

Well in my opinion the series is good, mostly if you like crazy and fun characters, plus a large variety of wild gambling. The manga's done a good job at progressing things along and having a pretty solid plot. Again all my opinion, but I don't think it falls into "so bad it's good" rather it's genuinely good. The series is intentionally over the top so don't take it super seriously, it's not supposed to be grounded and I believe the creators know what they're doing.

Ronie Peterson wrote:
The MAPPA studio is getting a lot of work. This is worrying. But, I will follow this work anyway. I've only read one chapter so far, but I already felt a good vibe.

I think Rage Of Bahamut is a really awesome anime and MAPPA has done some great work over the years, so I'm not certain why it's worrying that they're getting work? Is it just because YOI is popular and you're not a fan of the series? If so that's a bit of a funny reason to me.
frubam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote
Anyone read Gamble Fish? How's this compared to that series(I know Abadani is "out there", but aside from that)?
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
MAPPA has been doing good work and with Saori Hayami as Yumeko I'll be watching it so roll the dice on this one.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:
Ronie Peterson wrote:

I think Rage Of Bahamut is a really awesome anime and MAPPA has done some great work over the years, so I'm not certain why it's worrying that they're getting work? Is it just because YOI is popular and you're not a fan of the series? If so that's a bit of a funny reason to me.

Not trying to speak for them but as I understood it, they meant they were concerned MAPPA may be stretching their budget over a bunch of titles at once, meaning the shows might end up looking bad.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
Not trying to speak for them but as I understood it, they meant they were concerned MAPPA may be stretching their budget over a bunch of titles at once, meaning the shows might end up looking bad.

Ya that's a good theory and I understand that concern completely, I don't mean to speak for the person either I'm just wondering how they meant their comment. I've heard some people say they don't want MAPPA making anime simply because they dislike Yuri On Ice, which I always find strange so that's where my speculation comes from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1