• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Scratch and Sniff Your Fav Mr. Osomatsu Brother

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicwizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, scratch and sniff stuff. I'm guessing that the sextuplets are going to smell sweet or possibly smell like cologne.

By the way, that definitely reminds me of the Rugrats Go Wild scratch and sniff card! Brings back memories from 2003. Smile
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I bet they smell horrible. Would not be surprised if one of the scents is poop. (Though I wonder if they'd get away with it in the magazine...)
Ichi would smell like cats.
Todo would probably smell best because he tries to make himself presentable.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps Jyushimatsu's scent would be that of tropical fruit, considering how the first part of his name is nearly similar to the word "juicy" phonetically.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Marketing gimmicks that all these Japanese magazine are doing with Osomatsu-san are just too much for me. When I buy Japanese anime magazines, I don't care about freebies and trinkets included in those magazines. I buy for interviews and features not found in web.

I was at the Kinokuniya SF bookstore and any magazine with Osomatsu -san on cover is all gone. I know that western female fans don't read Japanese so they just grab anything with Osomatsu-san in it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Are there just a lot of those fans, or do said female fans go into these bookstores and buy as many copies of everything they can find?
Dr. Walrus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
mmmm.. I can't wait to smell the fappymatsu sticker.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I was at the Kinokuniya SF bookstore and any magazine with Osomatsu -san on cover is all gone. I know that western female fans don't read Japanese so they just grab anything with Osomatsu-san in it.

....uh, I'm western (compared to Japan, anyway) and female and a fan, and I can read Japanese just fine, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1