• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hello Kitty Arms Herself in Sailor Suit and Machine Gun Collaboration

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
This seems out-of-character for Hello Kitty. I normally associate as being representing some peaceful. However, if Sanrio wants to change her image and potential corrupt young kids minds on how she is to be represented, go ahead.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This seems out-of-character for Hello Kitty. I normally associate as being representing some peaceful. However, if Sanrio wants to change her image and potential corrupt young kids minds on how she is to be represented, go ahead.

?

Sanrio have collaborated with Playboy before. Honestly, no collabs of theirs surprises me at this point. They've done a Madoka Magica collab before with My Melody and Kuromi, and Madoka's certainly not for young children.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I just care about the movie.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking when I seen the topic title, wait doesn't this violates the no rule of having her likeness on anything that portrays murder but then I seen the toy gun and everything made some sense again.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
And once more,a massively weird collaboration between Hello Kitty and something that isn't really cute at all. She's advertising a movie that doesn't have a lot of cuteness in there at all. Now she's advertising a movie about a girl in a sailor fuku running around blasting everything in sight. Granted,the machine gun she's handling that has a cork but that's neither here nor there.
It's a little like Hello Kitty collaborating with the people who did the movie "Scarface" starring her as one of the characters in the film. What will Hello Kitty show up as next? Freddy Kruger? Hannibal Lecter? Ma Barker? Jason Vorhees? Al Capone? Or do I really want to know?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1