• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Death Note Vol. 13 How to Read

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manji13

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
While Death Note is a 12 volume series, as many of you know, in Japan there is a 13th volume titled How to Read. How to Read is like an enclopedia on the series. There has been no word (or at least from what I know) about it being released. I know that if Viz ended up releasing it I would surely buy it. What do you think? Do you think they will release it? I was looking on amazon and came across this http://www.amazon.com/Death-Note-Lethally-Mysteries-Revealed/dp/1932897321/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7900334-2976141?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180292068&sr=8-1 Mad Do you think that since this is being released that Viz might not feel as if they should relase the 13th volume anymore? Crying or Very sad
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
They're releasing everything related to Naruto, so I doubt there'll be any exceptions for DN.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
While they haven't announced it, I would be surprised if Viz didn't release How to Read, because it's another way for them to get money and companies generally like that Razz
LightYagami

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
While they haven't announced it, I would be surprised if Viz didn't release How to Read, because it's another way for them to get money and companies generally like that Razz

Not too mention that volume 13 clears up any confusion the reader may have had while reading the series. Personally, during the series at certain points it felt like I was drowning in an information overload, but none the less I still think that Deathnote is an excellent series.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be a good marketing stragedy for VIZ. It would be beneficial to them and it would be beneficial to the readers as well, that way they can find out to anybody after the events of DN on top of questions that they might have about the series will be answered.
Celes

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I hope they release it, even though I've already spoiled it for myself *shakes her fist at wikipedia*. I don't see why they wouldn't.

To them, right now anything Death Note is like pure gold, and they gotta pimp it as long as they can.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote
Publisher: DH Publishing (September 15, 2007)

I'm not sure if that's VIZ or not. Anyway, if they do release it, i hope they release the novel as well. There's going to be a movie made out of it, so it has to be good. Anime smile;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1