• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deleting posts

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Is there any specific reason we are able to delete posts in the "Talkback" section, but not any other section? I think it would make the mods jobs easier if we're just able to delete our own posts if we make a mistake...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Is there any specific reason we are able to delete posts in the "Talkback" section, but not any other section? I think it would make the mods jobs easier if we're just able to delete our own posts if we make a mistake...

May I just ask how we are able to do that?
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I think you can delete your post within a limited time period immediately after you post in any sub-forum.

Edit: Maybe not. However, it does say "Deleting posts" at the top, which is inaccurate.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
May I just ask how we are able to do that?

phpBB is designed that, when the privilege is granted, a user can delete his/her own post, giving it to be the last (newest) post of a thread. Once there's a reply following it, even the poster him/herself can no longer delete it; only mods can.

On most fora of ANN, this privilege is NOT granted to regular forums users (myself included), however, there are three exceptions: Talkback, Music, and Retail. I have no idea why they were set up in that manner, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1