• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Video Promises To Keep You Alive & Happy at Comiket

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Here's one more tip that the video didn't bring up:

Try looking for a seasoned goer before to Comiket- it'll make the trek go a bit smoother.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
They forgot about the bar of soap
Nosehair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
that guy looks scary. i feel like this is how the japanese see all white people. Like a freakishly scarry joker grinned sweaty red faced large glasses scooby doo sounding goofball.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
When the guy coming off the train sees the corpse on the ground, they violated the rule of performance-based blocking to keep the same characters on the same sides of the screen. Because of that, it looked like he was looking to one side and saw the corpse on the other. Also, is it wise to depict Comiket as looking like a wasteland where slaves are rounded up and corralled, then an erupting volcano?

That being said, heatstroke is definitely a problem that few people seem to take seriously until it happens to them. It's both depressing and amusing at the same time, amusing in that it's kind of funny seeing one person in line just crawling on the floor. I must wonder if some of these people come from cold climates and are experiencing baking in the summer sun for the first time or something.
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
leafy sea dragon wrote:
When the guy coming off the train sees the corpse on the ground, they violated the rule of performance-based blocking to keep the same characters on the same sides of the screen. Because of that, it looked like he was looking to one side and saw the corpse on the other. Also, is it wise to depict Comiket as looking like a wasteland where slaves are rounded up and corralled, then an erupting volcano?

That being said, heatstroke is definitely a problem that few people seem to take seriously until it happens to them. It's both depressing and amusing at the same time, amusing in that it's kind of funny seeing one person in line just crawling on the floor. I must wonder if some of these people come from cold climates and are experiencing baking in the summer sun for the first time or something.
]

I think they're just depicting it that way because many people likely 'feel' like it's a wasteland if you're not hydrated and don't follow directions. If people ended up not following directions, it can be pretty chaotic and confusing. And we already know how bad heat stroke can get. Being prepared will make it a much more enjoyable experience, whereas not preparing can make going to Comiket a total Hell lol. At least that's what I got from it. Not to mention it was pretty funny.

I think I'll take someone who's been there before so they can guide me through it instead of bumbling my way around looking like an idiot.
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Quite fun.

My recommendation. Get the catalog. Sit down with it. Write down the aisle and table numbers for the circles you are interested in. Then head to Comiket. I also recommend the East entrance as easier to get into since it does not have the bottleneck that the main entrance to the West hall has.

I have a short guide to navigating Comic Market that may be helpful. Yes I know i need to get back to fleshing it out. Suggestions more than welcome.

http://www.koyagi.com/NavCM.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1