• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Q] Sites via the Internet Archive?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quote
I have entered into the Encyclopedia a number of Web sites (for Five Ways and its titles) that are archived via the Internet Archive's Wayback machine, but now they are gone from the entries. Is this not allowed?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:26 am Reply with quote
I took them down because Five Ways is back to business and its official website (in both Japanese and English; that's right, a hentai anime studio with completely translated English pages!) operational, so your submissions were "redeemed" i.e. hidden but still credited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I took them down because Five Ways is back to business and its official website (in both Japanese and English; that's right, a hentai anime studio with completely translated English pages!) operational, so your submissions were "redeemed" i.e. hidden but still credited.

Actually, the (page SNWS, site NSFW) X City link has been there for a while—I was the one who submitted it (though I have had second thoughts since). It is actually a download/DVD/VHS vender, not exclusively Five Ways' site (something I did not entirely realized when I submitted it); it just happens to sell Five Ways videos. It is a useful site in regards to Five Ways titles, but it is debatable whether it is appropriate for inclusion in the Encyclopedia. (Thus my second thoughts.)

I would also point out that the first title on X City's (NSFW) Japanese Five Ways site, Flashback / Flashback Game, is dated the year before Five Ways went under. It seems that Five Ways—or whomever holds the rights to their titles—has continued to license them. (I hope that (in part with the cash this generates) someday they will work their way out of their difficulty, and the second and third episodes of Hand Maid Mai will see the light of day, along with (if they had anything to do with it, and if it was ever made) episode four of Cosplay Complex.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1