• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 questions (spoiler discussion).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ordell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Hello all. I've been away from anime for a long time, but curiosity over the rebooted "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" really got my interest, and all I can say is wow, what a brilliant updating. This is BSG-level improvement without shamelessly ripping it off (like the atrocious 2010 movie did). But a few things are still unclear, so I was hoping someone could clear it up.

* Did they ever explain why Yurisha was on earth with Yuki when they had the car accident?

* I'm still confused as hell over the episode where the witch put the crew to sleep and Kodai and yuki had to save it. Why did Yuki remove the core, then go put it back? And there was no real attempt on the part of the witch (yeah I forgot her name) to fight back when Kodai figured out her game, was there?

* Was it just a bad translation when they said Yamamoto was from "accounting?" I mean, why would a battleship need an accounting department?

* It struck me that the Earth forces were absolute chumps in the beginning. They got slaughtered at Pluto. But the Yamato just tore the Gammillas forces to shreds, like that episode around Balun where they charged into a fleet of 10,000 ships and just blew everyone away.

* In the scene on the planet with the bug, why was Misaki giggling and laughing like an idiot while Analyzer was fighting the bug? I know that when she had her hair down and out of pig tails, she was under a psychic influence, usually Yurisha. But in this case, who did it?

* I'm still not clear on Niimi. Was she planted on board to pull off the Izumi Plan or did she go into business for herself?

* So who shot first, Earth or Gammillas forces?

TIA.
Ordell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
*bump* Someone has to have an answer...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1