• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Miku Company President Gets Defensive Over Claims of Miku's Decline

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really surprised... I haven't listened to Hatsune Miku since 2011.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I listen to her everyday. I unpacked about 400+ albums today from what I've been downloading since April. In general, I listen to Vocaloid and Miku is my most listened-to character.

I want to see Miku in real-time hologram with no projector on a glass, and then I want her to be in a real physical robot like the one we see in Time of Eve.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Miku oversaturated? a pretty good chance of that being the case, there is probably a "method" to get vocaloid in general back into popularity but trying to force a fad back to life will never succeed in a short time span.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't care for vocaloid music myself, but I would assume that, just like every other market, there is a saturation point and then the market reaches an equilibrium. Just because there are fewer songs it doesn't mean that the market is "out-of-style". It could just mean that its not the most popular thing anymore. Possibly because it is a known commodity now.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Her songs might not be made as often. But she still sells a lot of merchandise like figurines.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I actually don't like most of miku's songs >.....> I prefer gumi, Ia and luka

she and I got off to a bad start. the first song I heard of hers was "world is mine" and that screech at the end killed my speakers and I had not been enjoying her pitch throughout the song. and we just never got over that
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of most vocaloid music but the merchandise is plentiful and sells like hotcakes and there's no avoiding the stuff. A small decline in popularity may be a good thing for the franchise especially since there's so much oversaturation in related merchandise.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I really do like Miku songs but there getting to be alot of vocaloid characters
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Well someone's obviously upset.

I think she probably reached her peak too. I also think there was not enough exposure of the other characters during her reign of popularity. :c

I'm surprised it even got this far because I'm really not into her voice regardless..
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I have tons of her old songs cause they were the best and some of her new but its disgusting how they would just throw away a character that is really cool and popular like that just because she's not making millions anymore. I mean look at super sonico people have to eventually get rid of her because you can only sell so much of that "stuff" but songs can go a long way.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
too many bad musicians are using her now. and a lot of the songs are just too similar.
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
For me it doesn't feel like her popularity is declining. I'm still seeing her all the time when I'm really wanting to see more of the new Vocaloid, such as Merli and Kokone. I still like Miku, I just wanna see a little more of everybody else.
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit confused about the statement in this article.
'after a peak of 77 songs in 2012, Miku's output has since declined to a mere seven songs this year. '
...what is it referring to? Does it mean 7 songs made some kind of ranking or something? I'm kind of unfamiliar on what 'JCast' is exactly. Embarassed The way the article was worded made it sound like 'miku only made 7 songs this year' which wouldnt make any sense as hundreds of songs are uploaded to nico every month.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
I'm a bit confused about the statement in this article.
'after a peak of 77 songs in 2012, Miku's output has since declined to a mere seven songs this year. '
...what is it referring to? Does it mean 7 songs made some kind of ranking or something? I'm kind of unfamiliar on what 'JCast' is exactly. Embarassed The way the article was worded made it sound like 'miku only made 7 songs this year' which wouldnt make any sense as hundreds of songs are uploaded to nico every month.

7 professionally produced Hatsune Miku songs, perhaps?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
77 songs in 1 year for any real/virtual music talent is an intensive output. The people that wrote that songs must have been sacrificing some sleep to do something so big.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2