• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Candy Candy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I was looking for a shoujo series since there appears to be none at the moment and so I found this old 1976 series. I was able to see the first episode of this series the other day and I have located every single episode in spanish. I searched wikipedia for information on the show and apparently there was this whole legal issue with the series, anyone have information on the subject, the article wasn't very clear. I was dissapointed with the first epsiode but I'll admit I was touched by a few parts. Apparently this series becomes a serious drama later on so if anyone has seen this series before, can you tell me if it really lives up to the name of "best shoujo ever"?
cherrybean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quote
I watched first 20 episode in chinese sub few years ago after I read this manga (The publishing house published 26 episode of VCD only) . As I known, it's really popular since this series first broadcasted in Asia.
I read several articles before. Some of the articles stated that candy candy is "best shoujo ever", but some of its stated daughter of the nile, or glass mask .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1